??? Cooper throwing up

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]
and anyone else can please put some info in

Cooper threw up last night ALOT....all over my carpet. i kinda put if off because my son got ahold of Cooper treats and I am not sure how many he ate...looking at the throw up it wasn't very many, he also got into my other dogs food that morning, and also just chugged a lot of water right before he threw up. .It was his night feeding so there was also fish oil in it. Today he seemed fine I noticed that he did burp and hack once...thought maybe he was going to throw but he didn't. I fed him at about 6:30 his 2nd feeding with salmon oil and he was fine. He just went and got a drink and then came back on couch with me. then here comes again he threw up all over. I haven't given him any treats today and for his 2nd feeding I even fed him a little less.....Any idea of why he might be doing this. He didn't throw his meal up this morning...could it be the salmon oil even though it hasn't made him sick before I think we are on a week of adding it to his food? I just don't like this being sick he looks so scared and last night he was whooped and so was I cause he threw up in 2 spots and it was sooooo bad and took me forever to get in clean! Maybe stop salmon oils?? Could he all of the sudden not be meshing with his food???? I am still on IVET and thinking of switching to fromm and considering raw diet? any advice wold help! Thanks!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Could be the salmon oil, if you cut it out, you will soon find out if that's what it is. These guys are all different and the rule of thumb for one may be different for another.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] i would def stop the salmon oil first off. bullies can get an allergy right away or sometimes over a period. stop all treats and no eating the other dogs food. stop anything but the dog food then see how he is. if he is not better then we can go from there and look at food or maybe a vet trip.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh poor baby :( I dont really know what it could be! I just hope Cooper feels better soon!

krystalturner2222

Dec 27, 2011
Midland Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
It could be parvo but from what it sounds like that is a slight chance but if he continues to throw up and has diarhea i would take him to the vet asap.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh noooo!!! How's Coop doing now? Jack my non bully threw up his entire dinner last night right after he ate it, salmon i and all. He may have jus ate too fast. I gave him more food and he was good to go. I'd say if he throws up again tomorrow a call and/or trip to the vet is needed! Poor Coop. :(. :hug:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I haven't had this happen to me before, but I hope he's doing better soon! (and why do animals always seems to vomit, pee, or poop, on the hardest areas to clean? LOL. I had a cat that would get off the tile to the carpet anytime she had to vomit.)

OP
C

Cooper11

Oh noooo!!! How's Coop doing now? Jack my non bully threw up his entire dinner last night right after he ate it, salmon i and all. He may have jus ate too fast. I gave him more food and he was good to go. I'd say if he throws up again tomorrow a call and/or trip to the vet is needed! Poor Coop. :(. :hug:

Queenie Thank You! I am also wondering about the eating too fast thing. I have worried about it in the past because he does inhale his food but he has never threw up. I am thinking I need to get a slow feed ball. I am going to stop the salmon oil and see if that helps also. He didn't throw up this morning so that is one plus. Last night was soooo bad. I can't even tell you. I called my mom saying OMG I feel soo bad for him. I shut the doors to the bedrooms while I cleaned p the throw up in case he were to get sick again. He laid by my sons door curled up in a ball..made me sad :( . He threw up quite a bit by my couch and then a whole lot behind a chair both on my carpet and I took everything I had to try to get the smell out. I ended up febreezing it and told my mom I just want to rip the carpet out and put hard wood in. Luckily tonight he was on the couch with me and threw up on a blanket! But he did just take a pretty big drink of water so I am thinking he needs to slow down after he eats. He has never had a problem though until now so it just makes me wonder. I am glad I was not the only one dealing with barf last night. Even queens have to get their hand dirty :lmao:. Thanks so much for responding! He hasn't gotten any treats today either and I just went out to brush him and he came in thinking he was going to get a treat! So hard to look at that face and not give him one :) He is shedding a lot more than usual too but we have had some crazy weather lately!

Sorry i am venting...my hubby is gone so I have no one here to talk to lol....of course he leaves on a barfing weekend! :cursing:

OP
C

Cooper11

I haven't had this happen to me before, but I hope he's doing better soon! (and why do animals always seems to vomit, pee, or poop, on the hardest areas to clean? LOL. I had a cat that would get off the tile to the carpet anytime she had to vomit.)

LOL I have my other dog trained. When he is about to throw up he does this weird dry heeving thing before he throws up and as he is doing that he runs to the door to go outside! One smart pup! He knows not to barf on the carpet! I have only had small breed dogs so the amount of throw p that Cooper did last night I about :poo:....it was soooo much and I could smell that nasty salmon oil! :barf::barf:......bt what ya gonna do :picknose: hehe

OP
C

Cooper11

It could be parvo but from what it sounds like that is a slight chance but if he continues to throw up and has diarhea i would take him to the vet asap.

I am not thinking parvo! but thanks for the scare :cursing:....:) I think it is pry the salmon oil! I hurt for you though and your puppy! Just got to move on and put a smile on that face...:fart: Ooops sorry it slipped! :picknose: Now lets try to find you new pup!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I agree with [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] stop the salmon oil first. poor Coops, it's so sad when they're sick. If it continues tomorrow I would take him in to the vet. They can give him an antinausea and that helped Katara a lot.. keep us posted

OP
C

Cooper11

I agree with @cowsmom stop the salmon oil first. poor Coops, it's so sad when they're sick. If it continues tomorrow I would take him in to the vet. They can give him an antinausea and that helped Katara a lot.. keep us posted
Thank You Ana!!!! I put some pics and video up today of Gracie and Coop!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwww poor you too. :hug: Get Coop a slow feed bowl. Wilson has throw up too on many occasions but never a couple days in a row. It's never at a good time is it? I gotta sign off getting ready to watch Tower Heist. I'll check back tomorrow. Until then :hug:!!!

OP
C

Cooper11

Awwww poor you too. :hug: Get Coop a slow feed bowl. Wilson has throw up too on many occasions but never a couple days in a row. It's never at a good time is it? I gotta sign off getting ready to watch Tower Heist. I'll check back tomorrow. Until then :hug:!!!

Check out the pics i put p of gracie :)

OP
C

Cooper11

@Sherry @cowsmom [MENTION=3247]acarabias[/MENTION] @Watson @JeannieCO @ChanelnBrutus

Well I fed Cooper this morning....yep he went to my bedroom and threw it up all over the carpet!!!! Now I am really thinking it is him eating too fast. I am going to call vet tomorrow though. I waited a little bit and then I fed him a little more and I put a tennis ball in his bowl (I think I saw some one recommended that) so he had to kinda work to get the food out. So far so good...where do you get these slow feed bowls and how do they work. Would yo guys agree that it is him eating too fast since he has kept what I just gave him down. I also think I need to start kenneling him after he eats he may be too active after her eats!?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.