Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, forgot to add sorry to hear about the tummy troubles...

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Cooper11

Default Re: ??? Cooper throwing up

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Oh, forgot to add sorry to hear about the tummy troubles...
    So far so good. I fed him a little with the ball in the bowl...and then I just gave him a little more because he was sitting by his bowl. He is fine now hasn't threw up and is playing with my son. I also stopped the salmon oil...to tell you the truth I was shocked that he didn't do this sooner because he has always ate his food so fast and I thought well maybe his tummy can jst handle it and some can't. My little sister was over this morning and she was like holy cow he ate that fast Gracie doesn't eat that fast...then he thre up so I am pretty sure it is eating too fast..
    You sill liking the new dog food you were using...I really want to change Coopers but dunno what to change to?

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I think they both are great. Tidus did not do so well on it but Jesse and Molly are doing well. Molly however has her first ear infection ever. Not sure if it's related or not, hope not!

I think that overall I am still an avid believer of Fromm, but some dogs just do better on different protiens. Jesse is good on either Fromm, earthborn or Avoderm as long as it is the salmon formula. She does ok on other proteins but she thrives on salmon based. Molly thrives on lamb, which Fromm does not have. Mandy can eat anything. Funny because she is all white! She gets Natures Domain. Yuna does best on Fromm beef frittata as well. So yes, every bully has their own food now! Crazy, I know! The pups get Fromm puppy. So 5 different dog foods here right now!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh im so happy he is better. i so hope he is just eating to fast and it nothing else.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    So far so good. I fed him a little with the ball in the bowl...and then I just gave him a little more because he was sitting by his bowl. He is fine now hasn't threw up and is playing with my son. I also stopped the salmon oil...to tell you the truth I was shocked that he didn't do this sooner because he has always ate his food so fast and I thought well maybe his tummy can jst handle it and some can't. My little sister was over this morning and she was like holy cow he ate that fast Gracie doesn't eat that fast...then he thre up so I am pretty sure it is eating too fast..
    You sill liking the new dog food you were using...I really want to change Coopers but dunno what to change to?
    Hey there --- how is the boy today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Cooper11

@2BullyMama @cowsmom @desertskybulldogs

Well I am not sure what to do. He ate today a little later than normal. He was fed around noon and was fine. I used the tennis ball again. Then around 430 my son was playing with him running around, actually I think Cooper was trying to get his popsickles and all the sudden I heard my daughter yelled Cooper threw up! So I looked and he threw probably a half of a handful of dog food......I don't know if he just drank water or not...I didn't see so I am not sure if he drank to much water or if he was running to much he had a little come up.....I am going to call the vet tomorrow. It was too late to do much today and I don't think this is life threatening because he is acting perfectly fine. He is wrestling Gracie right now. After he threw up I put him in the kennel so he would slow down and rest...he slept for awhile! I am going to order the Fromm food tonight! Do you think he just may be allergic to the food?....what will the vet do if/when I take him in? .....I know my brussells griffen was on science diet when I first got him and was on it for like 6 months and started getting the runs and I had to change him to IVET dog food. So I am aware that allergies or issues can come out of nowhere even if they were fine for months!

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama @cowsmom @desertskybulldogs

Well I am not sure what to do. He ate today a little later than normal. He was fed around noon and was fine. I used the tennis ball again. Then around 430 my son was playing with him running around, actually I think Cooper was trying to get his popsickles and all the sudden I heard my daughter yelled Cooper threw up! So I looked and he threw probably a half of a handful of dog food......I don't know if he just drank water or not...I didn't see so I am not sure if he drank to much water or if he was running to much he had a little come up.....I am going to call the vet tomorrow. It was too late to do much today and I don't think this is life threatening because he is acting perfectly fine. He is wrestling Gracie right now. After he threw up I put him in the kennel so he would slow down and rest...he slept for awhile! I am going to order the Fromm food tonight! Do you think he just may be allergic to the food?....what will the vet do if/when I take him in? .....I know my brussells griffen was on science diet when I first got him and was on it for like 6 months and started getting the runs and I had to change him to IVET dog food. So I am aware that allergies or issues can come out of nowhere even if they were fine for months!

It is possible that there is an allergy -- how old is he now? And, yes, they can all of the sudden develop issues with a food ... unless there is a real medical reason, I would decline the SD food and go bland diet -- speaking of which , have you tried that with him yet?
    e.

Cooper11

@2BullyMama
    I haven't changed anything yet beside no treats the last few days, stopped the salmon oil, and I usually give him yogurt in the mornings but didn't today. The only thing he gets is water and his dog food. The bad thing is...my 2 year old is bad at sneaking him food. I think he may have had lucky charms..the marshmellows were gone but I know Dayton game him some cereal part...I don't think he had a lot and he didn't throw any of that up it was all dog food

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@2BullyMama
    I haven't changed anything yet beside no treats the last few days, stopped the salmon oil, and I usually give him yogurt in the mornings but didn't today. The only thing he gets is water and his dog food. The bad thing is...my 2 year old is bad at sneaking him food. I think he may have had lucky charms..the marshmellows were gone but I know Dayton game him some cereal part...I don't think he had a lot and he didn't throw any of that up it was all dog food
    Give him a Pepcid (10mg) 20-30 mins before he eats.... I had to do this with Nitshcke, he just had a very sensitive tummy and it really did help him. The bland diet might be a good idea too ---- chicken or beef and rice.... nothing else, no oil or anything
    e.

Cooper11

@desertskybulldogs @acarabias @2BullyMama whoever can help me
    What does the bland diet consist of. I am running to the store to get some ground beef and I have white rice....how much do I give him and this is okay to give him cook ground beef??? He won't get the runs? He is 7 months old fyi for the amount I should give him???

Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs @acarabias @2BullyMama whoever can help me
    What does the bland diet consist of. I am running to the store to get some ground beef and I have white rice....how much do I give him and this is okay to give him cook ground beef??? He won't get the runs? He is 7 months old fyi for the amount I should give him???
    Make sure you get the leanest ground beef ... feed like you do kibble, no different.
    e.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Make sure you get the leanest ground beef ... feed like you do kibble, no different.
    Yep I always get the leanest anyway! Did you say chicken also I can do...i may do that since it is less greasy and fatty!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads