what is the rule again?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
a friend just got a puppy. pls refresh my memory on how long a pup can hold his bladder?

C

Cooper11

I would say 45 minutes to an hour if drinking water...I think when Cooper was a baby he would wake me up like every 3 or 4 hours to go potty! I would take pp out every hour to 2 hours to potty!

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
what about at night when puppy is crated?

C

Cooper11

what about at night when puppy is crated?
Pup should whine to go....thats is what I meant about every 3 to 4 hours.....I never woke up and woke him up to go out. They will usually cry when they have to potty! And we need a pic of this new pup...is it a bully?

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
no...just saw a pic of him before i left work. he is a great dane...beautiful boy, but his mama is working night shift and i am worried about the poor little dude.

C

Cooper11

no...just saw a pic of him before i left work. he is a great dane...beautiful boy, but his mama is working night shift and i am worried about the poor little dude.

Great Dane may be able to hold in longer. I just saw a great dane pup the same age as Cooper the other day at the vet..OMG I was o Cooper is a puppy so he won't do anything he is just curious and she said yeah he is a pup too. he was HUGE!!!!! But maybe you could be a good friend and go let him out once a night??? Or she may have to find a spot for him where she can leave a pee pad

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
good advice [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]...btw, thanks for always answering questions and for posting fun things.:girlwink:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
1 month = 2 hours, 2 moths = 3 hours, 3 months = 4 hours, but still accidents happen. You also should take the puppy out right after a meal, after a play, after sleep or even a nap. The more you see trouble doing this the sooner it's done. If you do it so and so, the longer it takes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
1 hour more than they are old ---- 2 months old = 3 hours... and so on.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online