Feeding behaviors?

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Do your bullies have any feeding habits/behaviors?

Ours does the cutest head shake (like Stevie Wonder) and little dance always before he digs in. (He's almost 80 lbs so it's adorable)
And, he will not eat if you do not stay with him as he is doing so. He will otherwise walk away from his food and lay down. We've had him since he was a puppy, and no other dogs, so no idea why he does this!

C

Cooper11

Cooper will go sit or lay his chunk butt down in front of the fridge when it is about time for his feeding! It's like hi tummy tells him o it's almost time to eat. So around 5 or 6 you will find him in the kitchen just waiting. His food is not even in the kitchen so I'm not sure why he does that. And once the food is in his bowl he is running and most the time I have to hold him back to get the food in his dish. No dancing for him just the inhaling of his food! :) You need to get that on video though because I wold love to see this little Stevie Wonder! :yes4:

OP
B

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Ok, if we can get one of our phones to do it (crappy cells!) we will. Otherwise I will try to find my digital camera - I haven't used it in ages and no idea where it is! And Cooper, omg I just want to hug him and squeeze him! :luv: What a sweetie!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny has to be fed his dinner with a spoon or he wont eat, If you set it down beside him he will just walk away and wont eat at all. He is just spoiled and is the king so I hand feed him everyday but I don"t mind it makes him happy and thats all that matters. I put some pics in my album go look see!!

mygirlsmomma

Feb 14, 2012
Lake Stevens
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Cooper will go sit or lay his chunk butt down in front of the fridge when it is about time for his feeding! It's like hi tummy tells him o it's almost time to eat. So around 5 or 6 you will find him in the kitchen just waiting. His food is not even in the kitchen so I'm not sure why he does that. And once the food is in his bowl he is running and most the time I have to hold him back to get the food in his dish. No dancing for him just the inhaling of his food! :) You need to get that on video though because I wold love to see this little Stevie Wonder! :yes4:

Ellie plants herself in the kitchen right by her bowl about 30 min to an hour before the girls eat. Then she proceeds to lick the floor and both dog food bowls just in case there was any food that was missed! It's the only time of the day she is still awake but not biting or harrassing anyone:)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
If we are late in feeding (after 6 PM) Banks will go and sit in her waiting spot for her meal... just waiting , like "YO, did ya forget something?? I'm HUNGRY!!!"

BoozysMom

Mar 1, 2012
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
boozy
Boozy makes the most horrendous screaming/squealing sound while I get his food ready. He sounds like a broken bagpipe. I would say its cute, but it's not. It drives my husband nuts. My neighbors can hear him at 6am when I feed breakfast. It's really the only thing he does that I don't like.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus waits in his spot next to his sister and will jsut stare me down until the food is on the floor! Its funny reading all the different things are babies do!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.