Seems to be losing some fur.... Need insight

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Ok, Chunk is 5 months old and seems very health, no issues. I just noticed last night that he is getting a sparse spot of fur loss in front of his right ear, and only there. The skin seems overly pink as well. We haven't really changed much, he is on Fromm 4 Star food, although he did just start eating Grain-Free Surf & Turf about a week ago because he had finished all of the bag of Grain-Free Beef Frittata Veg.

Wondering if this could be diet related or something else. Just wanted to get a handle on it before it is in issue. Thanks for your input.

IMG_0415.jpgIMG_0417.jpgIMG_0419.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
He is so young that the issues can be just a starting and most of skin problems are caused by food. The place though can mean that he is scratching his ears and the cause of that can be food related too. So many things can be food related with dogs. Food chance should be done very slowly (except from kibble to raw) and even then there can be undesirable reactions.

OP
B

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
It doesn't seem to itch or bother him at all as he doesn't scratch it. How do you narrow it down to food or something else? I will put him back on the Grain-Free Beef Frittata Veg since he went through a whole bag of that and everything seemed fine. Anything else I can do?

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
When Gunnys ears get that dark pink on the underside of his ears hes getting an ear infection, but all dogs are different. check with your vet.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Some bullies have issue with salmon and chicken, which I think is in the surf-n-turf. His ear seems pretty red inside so I am going with an allergy. You can ask your vet for a full blood screen allergy test... it will give you a high/low sensitivity list so you know what to avoid.

OP
B

bigfwt04

Dec 15, 2011
Medford, OR
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Found out that it is some kind of mite that is genetic, not transferable. He is getting dipped at the vet so hopefully this will take care of it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Found out that it is some kind of mite that is genetic, not transferable. He is getting dipped at the vet so hopefully this will take care of it.

Do you know which kind it is? Demodetic (sp?)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.