Bulldog licking after drinkin water

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Just curious, it's not a huge issue to me but somewhat weird and annoying lol... After Samson gets a drink of wAter he will come over and lick the couch, but we stop him, he will try to lick a few other things like my knee or elbow, but usually he ends up just lickig the air for a good 10-15 minutes lol.. Does anyone else experience this?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
omg yes... it's sooo annoying. We have microfiber couches too, so it gets "nice" and soaked! Ugh!!!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ollie is the licker around these parts. for some reason, when i tell him to stop licking, he just stops. :whew:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Lol I tell him to stop and he just licks the air forever
:ROFL:
i have heard that licking the air sometimes means that they are itchy somewhere and can't scratch(??)

OP
mbuxx

mbuxx

Mar 26, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Haha maybe but I don't think that's the case here , it's only after he drinks water it's like he's trying to dry his mouth lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep.... Nitshcke did this to no end -- drove me nuts.

C

Cooper11

Yes and it is soooo gross.I think half the water cooper drinks and the other half soaks into his face and as he is walking he is leaving a trail. The he will come over and rest his head on my leg or try to hives kisses and it feels like he just dumped a glass of water on me. I have caught him licking the couch and licking the walls...not right after drinking water but it is still weird...No clue why he licks the walls! Funny!

C

Cooper11

Yep.... Nitshcke did this to no end -- drove me nuts.

And I bet you soo miss it everyday!???? May I ask how he passed....I saw you on facebook and was looking at your pics and he was such a good looking Bully! :( My heart breaks for you!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
And I bet you soo miss it everyday!???? May I ask how he passed....I saw you on facebook and was looking at your pics and he was such a good looking Bully! :( My heart breaks for you!

Here is the thread --- it was very sudden on 10/11/11. He threw up at 6:15 AM and passed at 5:30 PM cardiac arrest. My heart is still broken, tears at least once a day - he was the greatest, so loving and gentle.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10339

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Ms Turbo Tongue licks the air... and yes it is annoying after a while. She does not stop when we tell her to , but one word from us and she does as she pleases as usual.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.