Spanking

C

Cooper11

I am curious to know how many of you spank your dogs when they are naughty. When I say anything about Cooper that is has done and it is something naughty I always get those people who say O i would beat his a**.......just curious who believes in spanking and who doesn't?:cursing:

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Not here, I will continue to stay on top of him and re-enforce good behaviors only. I will do as Ceaser Millan says and 'shht' him out of the unwanted behaviors and reinforce it with something I want. I won't be doing it any different than that. I've seen scared dogs before and don't want to go there at all...

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I dont spank either on my 2! I have to say no maybe a couple times or say something day in day out but I dont spank! Just my opinion! I squirt some water if I have to!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have never spanked my animals, right now Vegas is in time out because he was BAD, he is in his crate with the door locked, whining. Trust me there are times, but I just never have.

BoozysMom

Mar 1, 2012
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
boozy
I dont spank. Boozys previous owner provided enough spanking. Sometimes he flinches when i reach for him. (which I find annoying and embarrasing in public as people automatically assume I spank him) I like to use the water bottle approach when he is misbehaving.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
if i spanked my dogs, i think they would be thoroughly confused and hurt. with animals as well as humans, as far as i'm concerned, there is never a good reason to use violence. it is humiliating and sends the absolute wrong message. there is always another way.

Casey Seevers

Dec 14, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
No spanking here. Wilson is so eager to please that a simple no is enough. Plus I read a lot about bullies and my vet also told me when I got him that they need patient training and can be really sensitive. Now our boxer Maddie is another story. She does get time outs sometimes but definitely no spanking. She would be devastated.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Abby is never, ever naughty :rolleyes: Believe that? Wanna buy a bridge? ;)

I have never smacked any of my dogs. I've only ever hit a kid once. One of 3, smacked one time for calling the babysitter a fat b*#%h. I remember when we first got Abby, before we knew she was sick, she took a poop under the coffee table. My mom was visiting and said "rub her nose in it! She'll learn" I about lost my mind!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
well, i think calling the babysitter a fat b*&^! might warrant a :bitchslap:! :D

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Never hit the boys either. I believe in positive reinforcement and have always worked on the two ... for the most part anyways. :) I also think spanking will just confuse them and so unneeded.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I have never spanked my animals, right now Vegas is in time out because he was BAD, he is in his crate with the door locked, whining. Trust me there are times, but I just never have.

LOL I love when they're punished. "Put your nose in the corner" And they do! :ROFL:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'm not a big spanker for dogs personal reasons, but I have grabbed them a few times and put them to the ground. I had a dog (a Shepard) bleed to death when I was a kid because my step father side swiped him across the snout because he got up on the counter and took some food. I was in 3rd grade and have never forgotten it. I guess he hemmoraged. So instead for me they get a grab at the back of the neck.

Now kids, I think quite a few of them need a good swat!! :)

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas LOOOves the water spray bottle, he thinks it is a game and drinks the spray. So that is no punishment for him.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.