Spanking

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
It"s funny, when my kids were small they often got a pat on the butt, But in his 9 years I have never spanked him,or talked loud thats why what gunny wants gunny gets.He"s been a good friend and partner and I just love too much,

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Never! Sometimes I'll put a training collar on Talulah if she's being hard to control.

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Both of mine have training collars on with a short lead.
If they are doing things they aren't suppose to a
couple of quick tugs and they get the picture.

OP
C

Cooper11

Well I have to say I am guilty of spanking my skin kids. I can probably say my 7 year old daughter has only been a handful of times. I not by any means spank them that hard but I do think in my opinion some times a kid needs spanked. I use to spank my dogs and I grew up on the rubbing nose in the pee or poop and spank them on the but and they will learn. I have to say I think I may have spanked Coop one or two time but not hard. Cooper gets his feeling hurt even when you yell at him so spanking really wasn't necessary. I did tap him on the nose or mouth when he was biting but he was really biting my son and causing deep wounds with those puppy teeth. My other dog acts like he has been bear his whole life and is afraid of everything. I got him when he was 5 months old so I am not sure if he was abused before or if he is just a very jumpy dog!

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Oh I always spank my skin kids.
They deserve it!!!
When Jozi and Wales act up my
son always gets it. :p

OP
C

Cooper11

I've never had to spank my kids or dogs. I think I would feel criminal. JMHO

I'll send my son your way! He is only 2 so he really doesn't get spanked....but lord do i really want to sometimes! He is a little booger...cocky too even at 2 years old!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
No spanking, yelling or squirting of anything here. We use stern voices and that "energy" that Cesar is all about. And he is such a good boy that he doesn't really do anything that bad that the needs to be spanked for.

OP
I

ImAGuinneyPig

No spanking in our house. Guinn is pretty well behaved. She was trained using positive reinforcement. Sometimes her stubbornness warrants firm tones though!

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I don't spank the boys either, but I have put Sebastian on the ground and held him there when he was getting a little too big for his britches. Even Remy will stop what he's doing when I say "Remy, NO!!!".

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
I could never spank our bullie. I don't think he'd even understand. Yes, he can be stubborn at times, like coming in when we call him, but I just coax and work with him, and reinforce good behavior with pets, sweet talk, and dog treat. He is super sweet and eager to please for the most part, and will normally stop something if we say "No," firmly. He's just a big baby who likes to play and be a goof, and get attention, and I don't think does anything to be malicious or hurtful, like some people think of their dogs.

PS JeannineCO I am so sorry about your dog when you were younger and the fact it happened and you had to see it. :(

More thoughts on this, if D gets stubborn, I will put his collar on him and guide him where I need him to go ( he normally doesn't have one on). He's almost 80 lbs and it's not easy. He's jerked the wrong way on a leash before when I was walking him and I went butt down on the ground. I couldn't be mad, because the few times it happened he'd turned around like, You OK Mama?, I didn't mean to. LOL!

Last edited:

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I have not spanked them but I do have to put Aldo on the ground and firmly tell him no when he tries to "play" with my 2 year old. He was being very scary with her. I have had to bring him in and kind of "set him up". I play with her and move her up and down like she is jumping so he gets excited and tries to grab her then give the correction so he understands it. The trainer says he needs to understand she is mine and not a toy. He is doing much much better though.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
lol with 3 adhd kids they got a lot of spanks until we got diagnoses for them ,we didnt know why they were the way they were ,the spanking stopped but it never really worked on adhd kids anyway lol,they are all grown up now and laugh about it or at me !!!,as for annie she needs a good spanking lol but i wouldnt hit her,i grab her chops but she seems to enjoy it so i just use the water bottle,karen

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.