Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Spanking

No spanking, yelling or squirting of anything here. We use stern voices and that "energy" that Cesar is all about. And he is such a good boy that he doesn't really do anything that bad that the needs to be spanked for.

ImAGuinneyPig

No spanking in our house. Guinn is pretty well behaved. She was trained using positive reinforcement. Sometimes her stubbornness warrants firm tones though!

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I don't spank the boys either, but I have put Sebastian on the ground and held him there when he was getting a little too big for his britches. Even Remy will stop what he's doing when I say "Remy, NO!!!".
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

I could never spank our bullie. I don't think he'd even understand. Yes, he can be stubborn at times, like coming in when we call him, but I just coax and work with him, and reinforce good behavior with pets, sweet talk, and dog treat. He is super sweet and eager to please for the most part, and will normally stop something if we say "No," firmly. He's just a big baby who likes to play and be a goof, and get attention, and I don't think does anything to be malicious or hurtful, like some people think of their dogs.

PS JeannineCO I am so sorry about your dog when you were younger and the fact it happened and you had to see it.

More thoughts on this, if D gets stubborn, I will put his collar on him and guide him where I need him to go ( he normally doesn't have one on). He's almost 80 lbs and it's not easy. He's jerked the wrong way on a leash before when I was walking him and I went butt down on the ground. I couldn't be mad, because the few times it happened he'd turned around like, You OK Mama?, I didn't mean to. LOL!
    Last edited by bulliemommi; 03-03-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
    Likes (Received)

I have not spanked them but I do have to put Aldo on the ground and firmly tell him no when he tries to "play" with my 2 year old. He was being very scary with her. I have had to bring him in and kind of "set him up". I play with her and move her up and down like she is jumping so he gets excited and tries to grab her then give the correction so he understands it. The trainer says he needs to understand she is mine and not a toy. He is doing much much better though.

Eagerly and Nervously awaiting the homecoming of Bruno Cannoli

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

lol with 3 adhd kids they got a lot of spanks until we got diagnoses for them ,we didnt know why they were the way they were ,the spanking stopped but it never really worked on adhd kids anyway lol,they are all grown up now and laugh about it or at me !!!,as for annie she needs a good spanking lol but i wouldnt hit her,i grab her chops but she seems to enjoy it so i just use the water bottle,karen

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Hitting a dog doesn't teach them anything - except that you will hit them. It teaches fear - not lessons.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well i have to admit while i dont spank anymore i have spanked my dogs before. not sarah but lord knows she needs its. i tried the put to the ground thing with her but it never really worked on her aggression so she gets put in the bedroom by herself which she hates or squirted with the spray bottle. i have spanked my bostons before but i dont anymore as i have one now that got really squirrely when you even yelled at him or spanked him. he has bit me a couple of times. i dunno if he was beat or what so i dont get aggressive with him anymore. i talk calmly and he gets put in his pen when he does something or gets the bottle. my other one to. dont have any kids but id prolly beat them

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Watson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Watson deserved to be spanked today, he tore up his mattress into a hundred pieces today. When I came back from work he had a white piece of foam in his mouth. I hope he didn't swallow any of it. Arghhh. I gave him a stern talking to and made him sit and stay in one spot until I collected all of the pieces and cleaned up his play pen.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Watson View Post
    Watson deserved to be spanked today, he tore up his mattress into a hundred pieces today. When I came back from work he had a white piece of foam in his mouth. I hope he didn't swallow any of it. Arghhh. I gave him a stern talking to and made him sit and stay in one spot until I collected all of the pieces and cleaned up his play pen.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

H E L L NO! But, we do bite Banks on the cheek from time to time
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    H E L L NO! But, we do bite Banks on the cheek from time to time

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads