Nigel's Dirt Baths

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
We have a doggie door which leads to a large fenced in yard. Nigel likes to roll around in the garden spot and then come back in the house just Black and Dusty! Do any of your bullies do this?

C

Cooper11

OOOOO We soooo need a pic of that! Gracie is like that! She is always getting muddy and dirty!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh yes! And right now everything in Nebraska seems to be soggy/muddy! Tank comes in absolutely covered in mud and dirt. It always looks like we had a buffalo stampede when the dogs come in from outside!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ivy loves to get dirty...little piggy!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:pics: I have to see that! lol Please next time try to get a pic of him lol

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Sorry, can't say mine do. Actually...they are very clean and when I change their floor towels they immediately lay on the freshly laundered ones. One time BabyGirl had a poopie accident in her room (my fault, got up late) and she covered it with another towel (she pushes them with her nose) and she wouldn't go near it and stared at the spot till mommy investigated. I thought it was so cute that she cares about keeping her pen clean of offensive :poo:! Once in a while BabyGirl will dig up a little grass in the back yard and get her toe nails dirty but that's about it.

Last edited:

bulliemommi

Mar 3, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
Ugh, ours just recently doing this, usually right after or a day after a bath. Very frustrating and he's been doing it so much we have to go outside with him now and watch him and yell at him if he even looks like he is going to get down and start rolling in the areas with dirt in our yard. Funny, the thread about spanking, this was the 1 time, I seriously almost spanked him, was after an evening bath, and when I let him out/in at 9 PM, he was black, and I had to do it all over again and had work the next day, lol!
DO you think they itch and that is why they do it? Ours never scratches himself, so I wonder if that's what he's doing or if he just wants to be a piggy?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
HRH would be totally mortified if she got her feet in mud. She doesn't leave the sidewalk when it's snowing or raining. Just sort of squats at the edge.
Well except for those (thankfully not often) times when she has stepped in her own :poo:. That didn't phase her at all.

Last edited:

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
My boys love to play in mud, too. Must be a boys will be boys thing! In this house our pet door leads to a fenced patio area with cement flooring so they don't get muddy at home much anymore!

OP
rainyruth

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Oh yes! And right now everything in Nebraska seems to be soggy/muddy! Tank comes in absolutely covered in mud and dirt. It always looks like we had a buffalo stampede when the dogs come in from outside!

We didn't really have a winter here in Nebraska, huh? I even saw some bugs flying around the other day!

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Mine still go out to potty even in wet muddy conditions and one time I wiped their paws and bellys with a towel when they came back in...well don't you know that now I have to do that all the time when it's wet and muddy out. lol Karly may run in and not mind if I don't do it but Nigel will stand there by the door and look at me like "'ahem' my paws?" So then I go for the towel and tell them Ok let me clean your paws! and they'll stand still and let me. So I think mine are not into the let's get dirty thing but they may enjoy a romp chasing each other since they know mommy will clean their paws when they go inside. Spoiled Spoiled Spoiled hehehe

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
P7060012.jpgP7060015.jpg

Dirt diggin'? YOU BET. This is baby Bea as a pup.

Now she's a puddle puppy. Can't walk by one - must walk THRU....Bo too. They're addicted. Good thing we're in WA where there's no shortage of puddles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is the queen of MUD.... if there is a spot in the yard, she will find it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.