Really Bad Scare :(

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hi all so yesterday was a really bad day for me and Emmitt.. I was getting my lunch ready for work and my 5 yr old let one of our gates up and Emmitt went into our room and chewed on my fan chord.. I heard him screaming and I ran in there and he was getting electrocuted I had to pull the plug out of the wall and took him to the vet. They kept him all day for observation.. And he burnt the inside of his mouth he is on antibiotics and they gave him cortizone.. Thank you god that that's all that happened... I wish it didn't happen and I feel soo guilty like I didn't have him in my sights for that couple of minutes. I just hope it doesn't affect him in the future.. So I bought new gates and bolted them into my walls where the gate swings back and shuts! I also unplugged everything that's not in use. I just needed to vent bc I feel so bad :( but he is good now playing biting still, and he can still eat and drink :)

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Oh Man Im so glad he is ok. Hugs to Emmitt

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Wow, I can't imagine how scary that must have been! Emmitt is such a cute little pudgy, I'm glad he is doing okay!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Good Gawd... leave it to a bully!!!!!!!! Crazy animals!
Im so glad he is ok! :)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
whew, so glad everything is okay. It is scary when something like this happens. You can't blame yourself, things like this happen even when we know where they are.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh my! I am so glad he is doing well! Hugs to you and your baby! :hug:

C

Cooper11

O You poor thing! :cry: I bet that was very scare. Poor Emmiitt! But it is not your fault...puppies are curious and they chew on stuff.....it is impossible to have your puppy or your kids in white 24/7! Maybe it shocked some sense into him! :) Bet he won't bite on anymore cords! The past is the past and forget about it....he is okay and that is the important thing. I lost my daog a couple years ago...he got hit by a car. Now if anything makes you feel bad that would. But it was not my fault was no one's fault. He was at my aunts and my mom and her were watching him and let him out to potty. :( you just never know when things like this can happen! You got a cutie just snuggle him tight tonight!

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Oh myy! I had such a scare a few weeks ago. Soo glad everything turned out ok. Fast thinking on your part! Soo scary though!

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
scary!!:scared: glad to hear he is ok...you did the right thing mama!

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
You didn't freak out. You got him to the vet. It wasn't your fault at all. You can't possibly watch them every second of the day. He is OK is the only thing that matters. And hopefully he learned a lesson. :)

rainyruth

Feb 8, 2012
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Nigel and Talulah
Oh jeez! Well count your blessings everything turned out ok, it could've been worse. Like they say-sh*t happens, so don't beat yourself up over it. ;)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Poor baby dog, so glad he is OK. Quick thinking on your part to pull the plug and get him to the vet.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online