fist bully concerns questions

itsdashark

Mar 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
Hi I am new here and am a new bulldog owner. our bully is about 5 months old and we got her when she was 9 weeks. my few questions are- her bottom teeth are just starting to show. just the small ones sometimes. Is this something that will gradually turn into her bottom k9s showing? i know all dogs are different but was wondering what other outcomes were that start showinf the little teeth at 4 months old. also i feel like sometimes her ears look a little high on the head. does this gradually go more toward the sides when there head gets bigger? last- my vet says she shouldnt need more than a cup of food per day at this age. she eats blue. she houses it when i feed her. also she said that she should never need more than 2 cups a day. is this normal? she is maintaining a good weight. at 4 months she was at the vet and weighed 21 lbs. now almost 5 months she must be close to 23 or 24. thanx

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
congrats on your new baby bully. i don't have any answers for you, but i'm sure the experts here do. all i can say is read as much as you can about the breed. there is a lot of great information out there.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
Hello Itsdashark ! HA. cool Screen name ..
Glad you joined us.

Im honored to be the first to reply! Dont believe the remarks you'll here about me..
my advise and Input is always top notch and on target...

1) Teeth.... the little baby teeth will grow just a bit more but depending on your bully's Over bite or lack of, they may not show at all.....

2) Ears ..... She is still young and is changing... I believe until she reaches 1-1/2 yrs,
her head will not be fully grown... If you got her from a breeder, check out her parents.. It should give you a rough idea what she may look like at fully grown.. however, not always true...

3) 1 cup a day..? that is waaaaay too little... Your vet may have meant 1 cup per meal... 2 meals a day is what I feed my Jack...
At 5 months and 24 lbs , she seems okay.. maybe a little on the Lite side buy females will be smaller than males ...

What's her name..? Post a Picture or 2 or 3 or 20 ! :)

Last edited:
I

ImAGuinneyPig

Hi and welcome! :)

When we first got Guinness, she did not have an underbite at all. GuinnessBath.jpg

But as she got older, her underbite became more pronounced. She has a pretty good one. ChillinLikeAVillain.jpg

As they age, they change. They aren't fully grown until about 2 years :)

Not sure what your vet is smoking! but that is definitely not enough food for a growing pup! Guinn got 3 meals a day until she was 6 months, then we weaned her to 2 meals a day. I would definitely be feeding 1 cup per meal. Puppies are very active and growing lots! Need the energy.

OP
itsdashark

itsdashark

Mar 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
i thought the food was a little shy but she did say 1 cup per day. she is growing and is not skinny by any means. she looks good. i checked the weight charts and she seems to be right on track thats y i asked. maybe 1.5 cups? how do i post pics? how do i make my profile pic?

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I fed mine a cup twice a day..one a day is way too little. Welcome and cant wait to see pics...

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4440]itsdashark[/MENTION] :welcome: Yeah we love pics as @jackdaniels said, and he does know a thing or 2,3,4,50 lol he gave me great advice...I have a 9mnth old boy and at 5 mnths he ate 4 cups a day his sister ate about 3 to 3 1/2 a day. She was smaller than her brother but not by too much...lol..my boy is a beast lol :) 2 feedings a day 2cups in am and 2cups pm or less dependiang what you feel is good for her..I also have him some treats in between but now b/c of EBDN I give him snacks like blueberriers, banana, apple(no seeds) green beans to name a few .I have found out through members that at her age now she can actually eat all stages food if not already...I am now switching Brutus to Fromm Beef Frittatta grain free as some bullies are allergic to grains and chicken amoung others...But works for 1 doesnt work for all...Brutus's ears were like that as well but have dropped a little, like others said the head doesnt fully grown until about 18 mnths...Definatley do some reading on this site it will tell you eveyrhting you need to know and if you cant find it all you ahve to do is start a thread and someone with knowledge will have the answer! I have used this site for everything ! Oh yea did I say that we love pics :lol:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. I think Jack Daniels was spot on in his reply............ for once.. :p...Im not sure what to say about your Vet... if it were me I'd be questioning his/her knowledge of bullies.. LOL

Glad you joined but........ :pics:

OP
itsdashark

itsdashark

Mar 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
thanx everyone. btw her name is penny. would like to get some pics up by dont know how. any clue?

OP
itsdashark

itsdashark

Mar 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
penny6.jpg think i got it..............there she is..........penny

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Up to 6 months we fed Lola Fromm Puppy Gold 1 cup 3 times a day. Now she gets Fromm Surf and Turf, 1 1/2 cups, twice a day. She also gets a scoop of plain yogurt on her food in the morning and salmon oil in the evening. Seems to work great for us. She is a year old and 53 pounds.

OP
itsdashark

itsdashark

Mar 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
penny
we also do the yougurt and oil just not everyday. ty

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.