Crazy bully!

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
I'm just wondering if all bulldogs do this or Elli and her quarter terrier make her more active...

She has spurts of pure energy and for a good 5 minutes Elli is high tailing it through the house into each room about ten times, under beds, chairs, into her crate and then complete stop... Usual on the bed for a nap. I've seen other dogs do it and my rabbits even but bulldogs?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Yup! Both of mine do it. Usually with a toy in there mouth around the living room. It doesn't last 5 minutes though...lol just 2 minutes for them

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yup. The extra energetic Bo does this - but just for longer periods of time - than the more sedate Bea who also does this.

I think this is one of the awesome things about the English Bulldog. A lab or collie would be running around like a koo koo for hours! I couldn't handle that kind of excitement. hahahahahaha I'm an old lady.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
OMG Brutus does the same thing for about 2 mins he runs in circles around the house jumping like a mad man....then he grabs a drink of water and passes out for the night lol

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Sounds familiar. Usko gets these attacks usually in the mornings, after walks and sometimes when we get home. If we ignore him he stops in a few minutes and just goes asleep, but if we start playing gwith him he can go on for a long time. It's really funny to look at. It looks like he's having a blast:LMAO:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Absolutely, I had this idea a long time ago I would go on my 4 mile walk with my weim and then come back and grab Schultz for the cool down, shorty walk .5 mile....he never stands for it so he comes along on the whole trek (we have to go a little slower to accommodate his shorter legs but still).... Then at home with leashes off they do their own crazee tear around the house for 5 minutes with utter joy.....Schultz is about to turn 6 in a couple of months and still full of energy....

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
ivy does this. we call it her 'episodes'. we think it's hilarious.:laugh:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Rook does this too, he has a circuit that he runs between the kitchen and living room - under and around furniture. Some of the turns get pretty crazy on the wood floor. Always with a toy in his mouth... and my favorite part is when he will switch out toys mid-run. It's hilarious, and we totally egg him on by chanting, "go, go, go, go!" The look on his face is priceless... he is clearly enjoying life.

korikelly

Apr 21, 2011
Oregon
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Same here! It's so funny when she hits the wood floor from the carpet. Her little legs go so fast, but she gets no traction, so she runs in place for a second. It's hilarious! She loves to play chase!

BoozysMom

Mar 1, 2012
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
boozy
Boozy does this after every potty break. He will even jump from the couch to his loveseat. Since we have hardwood floors each piece of furniture slides around, by the time he is done our living room is totally rearranged.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah...... the bully SPAZ ATTACK love it!

C

Cooper11

Cooper only does it once in awhile! But I wish he did it daily! Funny :poo: watching tubba wubba sprint all over the house and try to squeeze into places he can't fit. You need to get that recorded. I think it is the cutest thing ever!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Haha its hysterical watching them knock things over and run under things but I get so scared he is gonna slip the wrong way or hit something and hurt himself :( IM such a worry wart :/

C

Cooper11

@Cooper11 Haha its hysterical watching them knock things over and run under things but I get so scared he is gonna slip the wrong way or hit something and hurt himself :( IM such a worry wart :/
Im a worry wart too!! It makes me laugh ....Coopers fave spot to hid and go sleep is under our bed.....I saw him attempt to get under there the other day! NO WAY he couldn't fit and i feel bad cuz he loves it under there! He can still get under my daughters but I am seriously surprised he hasn''t gotten stuck. I couldn't find him the other day and I went into her room and part of his foot was sticking out..I laughed and sai d your not hiding very well!

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] Good Picture that would have been :cursing: :LOL:HAHAHA fail at hide and seek

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.