I'm really upset--Finn bit the neighbor!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington

@cali baker

I'm sorry this happened to you. I had to laugh a little . The way you described Finn chasing the lady down the hall was funny. Im sorry for my dry sense of humor...

Buy the lady a bottle Of Jack Daniels and just show her your sincerity.!
Good Luck !

It's okay, as I was running down the hall yelling out my neighbor's name to RUN!! b/c Finn got loose...I felt like i was playing a role in some bad scene in a bad movie...when i caught up to Finn and Tate and the neighbor slammed her door...boy, I was shaking so bad b/c i thought Finn was going to tackle her down and maul her. I had all these wild thoughts in my head! by the time I got everyone back inside...I could've used a shot of Jack Daniels myself!

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I am so sorry this happened. She may have been nervous herself, despite being proclaimed a "dog person" and Finn may have picked up on it. My dobie nipped at my old supervisor and I was extremely lucky that she was so understanding....I apologized profusely and gave her a gift card to Petsmart for her dog. I have never forgotten it though and it freaked me out at the time. It happened so fast and I know it was because he just was skittish around new people. So loving once he got to know you but very wary of newcomers. Is Finn like that...maybe more hesitant about new people?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everybody.

I scheduled an appt. w/someone my friend told me about who may be able to assist me with Finn. I knew I've been wanting to consult with someone as Finn exhibits a lot of growling and aggression towards Tate and I've posted before, that Finn usually starts fights w/Tate. Well, last night's incident just made me realize I need to seek help now.

I'll let you all know how the consultation goes...it won't be til next Sat though.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] So sorry this happend! I don't have any advice as you already are doing all you can! I just wanted to wish you and your boys luck and hope everything works out for you!

I

ImAGuinneyPig

Oh dear. Biting people and aggression towards people is a no-no :nonono: I am so glad you have set up a consultation with a behaviourist. You and BOTH of your boys will be happier for it. No dog wants to be aggressive. Kudos to you for doing all that you have. It is wonderful that your neighbour is so understanding. Hopefully Finn will get the help he needs to be a balanced member of canine (and human) society :D

P.S. I need to move to your building where no one has to share an elevator :lmao: Our is always crammed with people and dogs!

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Sorry to hear what is going on with Finn. Is he neutered?

A few years ago I was bitten by my neighbor's Weimeraner right in the thigh. I was wearing jeans and the bite marks still came through. He called me over to his garage because his garage control was opening our garage as well and as soon as I stepped in the dog got loose and chomped on my thigh. Needless to say I tried to avoid the dog from then on. I can understand your neighbor's fear.

Hope things work out for you and Finn.

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION]
finn's den.jpg

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I feel a little more relieved...I just got off the phone with Karen, the behaviorist. She'll be over next Sat to evaluate Finn (and Tate too).
She has a very calming voice. That's already a big plus right there! :whew:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yes, both of them are quite used to riding up/down the elevator, but it's never been with anyone else but me. Last night, when we were walking towards the elevator, Finn was already yelping and barking at the lady who was in there before us. I mean, he was barking a high pitched bark and she later told me "his eyes were fixated on me." So, something about her presence set him off. I don't think I was particularly nervous but I was annoyed at Finn b/c he was getting so excitable and yelpy.

I think you'll need to practice with a stranger who's in on the gig going up and down in that elevator. Breaking the "habit" of this, I guess you could say. And you don't want him teaching this behavior to Tate. They are pack animals after all.

I hope you see this experience as a way to further bond with your pups by providing the leadership they need. It's a challenge! You will prevail! The good news is, they are young dogs. Proving your leadership with this little thing will cement it in their minds for other situations/things/behaviors. (Like Bo being off leash -- that's what we're working on here) Hang in there.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] --- so sorry this happen. How are things going?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Maybe he is protecting you as his territory and not the elevator. Just my thoughts!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION].. Henny first and formost I want to say sorry this happened. I don't have any advice but I wanted to send you a bully hug. Can I tell you though, don't get mad, but the visual of finn chasing her has me dying. Tell finn I said it wasn't nice but he aleviated a bit of my stress.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my, I can only imagine how stressed this is making you. :( HUGS! I am so curious what the behaviorist says. I do agree with the idea f including the neighbor in everything step you take. Will make her feel much safer knowing you are correcting this problem.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.