Need Help with Food Switch

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
So I have Brutus who is 9 months old on Solid Gold Lamb & Rice Puppy Food! He has been on that since he came home (breeder used Diamond) slow switch at 12 weeks. The past 2 weeks I have been noticing he has been licking his paws and his eyes are red! I have been scared to take him off puppy food before 12 months but after getting a lot of advice from other members IM NOT SCARED ANYMORE :tease: So we have decided that we are going to try grain free to start! We have decided on the Fromm Beef Frittata all stages. If this doesnt stop him from licking his paws we are going to cut to the chase and perform allergy testing. He isnt chewing his paws but licks here and there after eating. With all stages about how many cups a day would I start with. Right now fat boy lol he is eating 4 cups a day of puppy food. Any advice would be helpful

Thank you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Weird --- duplicate thread?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
So I have Brutus who is 9 months old on Solid Gold Lamb & Rice Puppy Food! He has been on that since he came home (breeder used Diamond) slow switch at 12 weeks. The past 2 weeks I have been noticing he has been licking his paws and his eyes are red! I have been scared to take him off puppy food before 12 months but after getting a lot of advice from other members IM NOT SCARED ANYMORE :tease: So we have decided that we are going to try grain free to start! We have decided on the Fromm Beef Frittata all stages. If this doesnt stop him from licking his paws we are going to cut to the chase and perform allergy testing. He isnt chewing his paws but licks here and there after eating. With all stages about how many cups a day would I start with. Right now fat boy lol he is eating 4 cups a day of puppy food. Any advice would be helpful

Thank you

Hi, at nine weeks old, he can go with being fed twice a day, especially if he is on the heavy side. follow the guide line on the back of the bag for his weight. I think he's around 2-1/2 to 3 cups a day. using frozen veggies like green beans or carrots along with frozen blueberry's as a treat will help cut down on the fat.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
@ sherry I dont know why this posted 2x! He is actually 9 months right now....lol :) I have heard 2 cups should be good enough on fromm beef frittatta

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@ sherry I dont know why this posted 2x! He is actually 9 months right now....lol :) I have heard 2 cups should be good enough on fromm beef frittatta

Oh yes I see I have a typo with 9 weeks, I meant to say months. Good luck, and keep me posted. :D

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
THe treats I have for him are frozen green beans. The carrots,blueberries arent frozen but should they be frozen! This is the first time I am giving him fruit lol I was always scared but I trust all the poeple on this site !!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
not necessary to be frozen, that's just what i have from freezing my own. I also put a spoon of plain yogurt on top of dinner. they love it. and a cap full of mother apple cider vinegar to the water.

OP
ChanelnBrutus

ChanelnBrutus

Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Okay cause today I fed him banana and blueberriers mixed together mashed kinda and he wouldnt eat it out of the bowl unless I spoon fed him (spoiled). K thanks for the advice Much appreciated

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.