Finally made the appointment for Bubba to say goodbye to his 'boys' next week

bubbaisapig

Apr 30, 2011
Littleton, CO
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bubba
Was very nervous to get Bubba fixed. Had the first appointment with the vet that specializes in bulldogs. Wow!..was he knowledgeable! After reading many things on this forum about the right way to put these bulldogs under, when getting fixed, he stated everyone of the things you guys suggested. He also doesn't even take the tube out until Bubba is up and about...for fear that they could still throw up when first waking. He talked to me for 40 minutes about the procedure and other questions I brought up. In the many many years that tons of bulldogs that he has had fixed....he has never lost one!..never! That was a def plus for me! Bubba's 'boy's night out' is scheduled for next thursday. Hope everything goes well. Oh..btw..he said that putting a little fresh parsley in food can get rid of tear stains. WHat? Not sure if it works..but will try it.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
That is awesome you found that vet, sounds like he's a keeper :up: LOL at "boys night out"

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
We just had our 9 month old neutered due to prolapsed urethra! It wasnt planned and we didnt get to party :cheers: Glad you found a vet that your happy with! It is very frustrating when we cant find someone good! Good luck to your boy! BTW Bubba is so stinkin handsome

C

Cooper11

:cry: RIP Bubba's boys! :cry: You will be greatly missed but never forgotten!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
NOOOOOOOO ............ uoooppps .... sorry :cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:cry: Good luck Bubba

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
bye bye unsightly man-boy-hanging-things! i would rejoice! my husband always said they were poorly placed anatomy-wise. bubba is going to be great! lola got spayed and didnt even act like anything was wrong (after the 12 hour recovery with anesthesia-just a bit nauseated and lethargic). hubby took the next day off work to stay home with her. hope you can do the same :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh my fat a$$ will be a bit more trim. He will be fine and a good bully vet is so important.

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
poor bubba. watson says it's not too bad because he had to leave his at the vet's office last week

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I couldn't find anything searching online to confirm it but maybe someone better at searching can find the facts.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.