Thread: So frustrated with vet...

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: So frustrated with vet...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWoodman View Post
    I'm going to copy & paste what I just wrote to a potential new vet.....let me know if you think I've probably scared them away and I won't do it in the future.

"I am searching for a new vet. I've been through 3 in the last 2 years. Unfortunately, I am losing patience and need to be 'to the point'. I prefer not to make you say 'Oh my goodness, we don't want her as a client' but I'd rather not waste either of our time.

Some of the reasons I left previous vets are:
    They are product pushers (Hill's, Iams, Royal Canin etc)
    Not knowledgable of English Bulldogs (I have 2 EB's).
    Can't refer any products besides the ones they sell (ear solutions, supplements, etc), even if I bring the product in for them and they can look at the label...they refuse too.
    Notes are not made (Example: I have a bulldog that has allergies, I told them I will never use prednisone (due to past experience), why did they feel the need to mention prednisone to me everytime we talked about his allergies. That note should have been made. And this was the same doctor mentioning it over and over!)

I hope this does not make me sound high maintenance (I'm really not, I'm not the type to call for every vomit)

I am very much hoping your facility is different. Your website explains that you promote raw/low grain diets, which I love to see. You don't have any ads or links to manufacturers like Hills or Royal Canin. You caution about over-vaccination. I am more than ecstatic to see that Doctor Wang has even studied Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine. Honestly, my hopes are up now.

Please tell me that Doctor Wang is the type of vet that won't push products on me and on my second visit will actually remember or have notated our first visit. Would you be able to send me a price listing perhaps? Just basic services like exam, nails, anal glands, etc. How many English Bulldogs do you have as clients?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. As I mentioned above, I really am frustrated and tired of going to vets that only care about their bottom line. I don't know what else to do.

Thank you
    Ashley"

Yes his name is Dr Wang and I think I can get past this as long as he's an awesome vet,

I'll be anxious to hear how they respond.... if at all.... LOL Better practice saying Dr. Wang with a straight face before going there

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

@BruceP Do you think I shouldn't have written that? Oh geez! Well, if they don't responsed then they're not the vet for me! I'm sick and tired of these vets and I'm putting my foot down! I mean business!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

NO NONO.... I LIKE what you wrote... lays it on the line for them...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    I'll be anxious to hear how they respond.... if at all.... LOL Better practice saying Dr. Wang with a straight face before going there
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

We had a Dr. Wang once (people doc though ) and it was actually pronounced like Wong, just a heads up lol

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAndi View Post
    We had a Dr. Wang once (people doc though ) and it was actually pronounced like Wong, just a heads up lol
    Thanks I'll have to wait for the vet tech to say 'Dr Wang/Wong will be right with you"

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyWoodman View Post
    Thanks I'll have to wait for the vet tech to say 'Dr Wang/Wong will be right with you"
    Good idea LOL

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Ok so here it is....THE REPLY.
    I have to say, I am impressed with how quickly they responded. I'm not sure how to take their response though...it almost leaves me shrugging my shoulders and scratching my head and saying 'well i guess'. What do you all think? (@BruceP you were waiting for this)

"Ashley,

Thanks for your inquiry. Briefly the rationale behind the nutrition aspect is that dogs and cats are carnivores, not omnivores like humans. As such they afforded a certain set of biochemistry that leads to a different nutritional set and how they are able to break food down to be able to use it. Not all raw diets are the same, and from our experience the one that works best for most animals is the Abady frozen raw.

In regards to the products if they are medically acceptable to the situation being used for and contain ingredients that are true to the packaging, than we can consider their use for a situation. Unfortunately some stores sell goods that could be considered unacceptable, or contain ingredients that make the product riskier to use than other available treatments. Without specifics it is tough to comment further.

We maintain records to the best of our ability. To date we have not received any fines for improper hospital operation from the State of Massachusetts, a fact we uphold by the maintainenance of the entire hospital.

It is frustrating to hear about your past problems with prednisone and would be interesting to hear more. Prednisone would not typically treat the problem, but the symptoms derived from the initial problem. As a medicine however its safety and efficacy has been well established if dosing protocols are followed and allergic reactions to the medicine are noted.

We have about a dozen active English Bulldogs but have cared for many over the years. They are a tough breed to have as part of the family-- the wrinkling while cute comes at the price of constant frictional rubbing, leading to long term irritation and inflammation problems. However with regular cleaning using mild cleaning agents this can be decreased. They also have their joint/heart problems that makes getting attached to them a heartwrenching relationship.

The first exam fee is $45.00, but can range from 22 to 25 depending on the type of visit. Nail trims are $15.00 and anal gland expressions are $25.00. We are capable of performing a surgical procedure to remove the anal glands, and have done so successfully for many dogs.

We hope this allays some of your concerns. Please contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

PAH "

Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Why did he mention 'We maintain records to the best of our ability. To date we have not received any fines for improper hospital operation from the State of Massachusetts, a fact we uphold by the maintainenance of the entire hospital.'
    Did I mention something that would have prompted something about Fines and hospital operations?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

that is odd...
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow, it seems as if they're only going around your concerns and not addressing them. I'd find another vet. I switched my boys to a holistic clinic, but they do recommend non-holistic remedies if necessary. For instance, they gave Stig antibiotics for when he had UTI and Punkin was given a mild steroid ear drops for his yeasty ears. Have you looked into it? I found my clinic by joining a local natural rearing group on Yahoo.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Poppy, Bunk
    Likes (Received)

They also have their joint/heart problems that makes getting attached to them a heartwrenching relationship.
    This is a strange thing to point out to a bully owner. Very blunt, I guess!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads