Amazon order for Kain - Nylabone, Kong (For peanut butter treat), Deer Antlers, Anything else?

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey all,

I'm doing a small order for Kain, I'm grabbing some deer antlers (I think the purchased may be wiser then using ours from past hunting trips to be safe), a Kong toy to freeze peanut butter that he can enjoy in his kennel, and a nylabone for his bed. Anything else I should be considering while i'm making the order?

It's around -4 Celsius here is canada so he sure doesn't like the cold but his growth will be quick i'm assuming so i'm going to hold off for a jacket / sweater of some sort until next winter. I want to find him something cool to fit his male / masculine image I have for him <lol>

Vince

C

Cooper11

Do you have the furminator brush, or the rubber mitted glove brush thing I would recommend those!!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
LOL You just read our mind, we were just talking about shedding and said oh get a rubber brush to backcomb him also... I'll look that up now also.

Other item is he seems to be doing good on Royal Canin but I know it's not considered the greatest food, i've been told to wait until he's older before switching so when I make the next purchase as we bought the biggest fricken back we could of on day one before we new any different but I would feel better about a higher quality food recommended by people like yourselves but i'll save that for another day.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hmm, that brush is almost like a coat thinner in a way correct? I was thinking I needed a rubber brush to backcomb him loosing up the dead coat, is this the way to go for sure? Never seen on before.

C

Cooper11

if you look there was some one on here asking about what to do for a bath and I put pics up of the 2 brushes and a few others had some too hold on I will tag you in it

C

Cooper11

Also I bought some of this
attachment.php
on amaazon..people on here call it the magic stuff for yeast infections...and it really works good and fast!!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Perfect I will get those 2 items as well as the ear wash (Not sure what I need it for but trust your advice and would rather have then not when I need it later).

I'm close to the border so I get to buy from Amazon.com and then 10 min's across the border to pick it up and cross customs so buying from the american site has more value for us.

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Ok there went $100 bucks <lol> I should be good and prepared to keep him looking good, bones to chew, and toys to keep busy with though.

Any posts are still welcomed so I can keep it in mind for a next order. Thx!

C

Cooper11

Perfect I will get those 2 items as well as the ear wash (Not sure what I need it for but trust your advice and would rather have then not when I need it later).

I'm close to the border so I get to buy from Amazon.com and then 10 min's across the border to pick it up and cross customs so buying from the american site has more value for us.

Believe me you will be very happy that you bought that stuff. How old is your little guy??? When they get and infection in one of the wrinkles on their face it come out of nowhere. My Cooper started getting a sore on his nose rope (wrinkle above the nose) It wasn't there the night before and he woke up and it was a slimy sore....I put this stuff on it and it was gone by the next day. I would use cotton balls and clean it and then dry it then put baby powder or gold bond to dry it out. I wash Coopers face daily and pt baby powder on him daily too! I got the wipes of that stuff too. I haven't used them yet though.....You can use this stuff on their ears too ......and the boss said tear stain.....do not use this daily though.

Sorry I just realized that stuff says ear wash.....and that is why yo said that.....it can be used for a lot of stuff not just the ears! :)
.+

C

Cooper11

And that glove brush thing is awesome and you will love it!!!! I didn't get much hair off of Cooper with it when he was younger so I was like this thing don't work but when he got older it worked and I do it daily....You will be surprised how much hair yo get off! and the frminator!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Good stuff, hes about 13 weeks now and I do the wipes, ear inspection, jaw and lift his jowls, to get him familiar with all the hand treatments. Also wipe his screw tail as well.

I haven't used any powder yet as it never seems dirty or wet but I should start drying at the minimum i'm assuming.

Lastly, What should I be using for a NOSE moistener or something like that, is Vaseline good or is there better product? I read that on here also.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
We got something called "paw balm all natural" we have one that says "espree" on the front (not sure if there are different kinds) but it works wonders on his nose and paw pads! We found it petco but I'm sure amazon has it! Highly recommend it!!

C

Cooper11

Good stuff, hes about 13 weeks now and I do the wipes, ear inspection, jaw and lift his jowls, to get him familiar with all the hand treatments. Also wipe his screw tail as well.

I haven't used any powder yet as it never seems dirty or wet but I should start drying at the minimum i'm assuming.

Lastly, What should I be using for a NOSE moistener or something like that, is Vaseline good or is there better product? I read that on here also.

does he have a dry nose.....[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] recommended this
unnamed.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.