Salmon Oil, Food, & Gas

C

Cooper11

I have had added Salmon oil to coop nightly feed. He has had VERY bad gas and I have asked a few if this is normal and they told me yes when you first start it he will have gas until he gets use to it.....We are on day 5 maybe?? how long should i give him. I am surprised My husband and I didn't die in our sleep last night from toxins of Coopers :fart::fart:....before I actually fell asleep I was about :barf: from the smell but I didn't want to kick him out of the bed because he is my baby and gas or no gas I love him too much~

My food question is and it also has to deal with the :fart:...I have gotten some new treats...I have given Coop: carrots, frozen green beans, freezer dry sweet potatoes, dried bananas, plato organic chicken bites and I am sure a few more. I don't give them all to him and he doesn't get them daily but when he gets treats he will usually get one of the above. How do I know the gas is not from one of those. I see people say that something will give their bully gas and to stop feeding them that but it will take a few day to know for sure. I do I pick one over the other to find witch one he isn't going with...I guess I could try picking 1 and give him the same one for a week..but then we have the fish oil and I am not sure if the :fart: all together is from the oil....I want to possible switch to Fromm, I am currently using IVET and he seems to do good with it....and he has solid poops (witch took him forever to accomplish and I don't want to mess it up) he has tear stains...is it worth changing food to get rid of the stains and risk the poop???? And how do you pick one ingredient out of something and said o he must be allergic to the grain in the food or the chicken in the food....I think he is going to be an old geezer before I figure out what works best for him:cursing:

OP
C

Cooper11

Well I guess nobody knows!! Poor Poor Cooper!! :hissy:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
i little bit of ginger (powdered) in food can help.

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
and, i personally wouldn't risk the solid :poo: for less tear stains:nonono:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
also, where do you get those little farty guys?:detective:

OP
C

Cooper11

also, where do you get those little farty guys?:detective:

lol.....hun when you click on the smiley face at the top of the box we are writing in...and click at the bottom where it says more you will be able to scroll down...There is a lot of them...:fart: that one is just my fave lol :dancing:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My food question is and it also has to deal with the :fart:...I have gotten some new treats...I have given Coop: carrots, frozen green beans, freezer dry sweet potatoes, dried bananas, plato organic chicken bites and I am sure a few more.

There's quite a lot of sugar in all of those treats (except chicken). That could really give him gas and also contribute to the tear stains. I haven't heard that oils would make dogs gassy, but excess sugar and carbohydrates do.

OP
C

Cooper11

There's quite a lot of sugar in all of those treats (except chicken). That could really give him gas and also contribute to the tear stains. I haven't heard that oils would make dogs gassy, but excess sugar and carbohydrates do.

I dunno but something needs to change :/ I just got the swwet potato and bananas the other day and he will goes a day without having either of them....seems like the gas really starts after his night time meal hence why maybe I think it is the salmon oil because he was fine before this. I have had quite a few people tell me that their bullies did the same thing when they started the salmon oil.....?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I dunno but something needs to change :/ I just got the swwet potato and bananas the other day and he will goes a day without having either of them....seems like the gas really starts after his night time meal hence why maybe I think it is the salmon oil because he was fine before this. I have had quite a few people tell me that their bullies did the same thing when they started the salmon oil.....?

Probably all you can do to really know what causes it is to take something away from his diet one thing at the time. If it started with the oil it's best to start with that. It can then also be just the brand of oil that you have, he could do well with another.
Finding the balance can take time, and when I finally find it I will not give my Usko anything other than what I already know works for him. I have had the tendency to try all sorts of new products on my self and on Usko. And I think he's payed for it with some upset stomachs.
Usko eats raw food and is usually not gassy at all, but boy when he is he really is:faint:

OP
C

Cooper11

Too bad they discontinued "The Dogone Thong." It was a Dog Fart Neutralizing pad.

OMG! :ROFL::ROFL: I had to look that one up cuz I had no clue what the **** you were talking about! I think Cooper would need years of therapy if I put a thong on him!!! That is the funniest thing ever invented! :ROFL:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
OMG! :ROFL::ROFL: I had to look that one up cuz I had no clue what the **** you were talking about! I think Cooper would need years of therapy if I put a thong on him!!! That is the funniest thing ever invented! :ROFL:

I looked it up too and I think now I've seen it all....:pigfly:

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
So.... of course I had to look that up too! WOW! Rook can be a stink bomb, but I would never have imagined something like that up in a million years. I can't imagine trying to wrestle Rook to get that on him... would that even work with a bully tail? Crazy!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Too bad they discontinued "The Dogone Thong." It was a Dog Fart Neutralizing pad.

:eek: No way. NO FLIPPIN WAY....!

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] - the only way to isolate what could be a problem food is to stop ALL treating (I know! Hard to do!) and just stick with one thing at a time. Once you're sure that item is NOT causing the problem (gas, tear stains - whatever it is), then you add one other thing and wait. And wait. Not very much fun when there's a new pup around and all you want to do is pack and fetch for them. I totally know how that is!

Bo and Bea both have tear stains that drive me nuts. I think part of it is their eyes watering in the winter weather - however, they do NOT have hives or MUCH gas (Chicken is a toxic material for them) so I'm living with the tear stains "food wise" and applying all manner of topical solutions to resolve (again, one at a time). I've not found the magic potion yet. We're going to keep at it. I want Bea and Bo's face to look just like [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] 's Annie if it KILLS US ALL! Otherwise, I've got healthy dogs with gorgeous coats and no bumps!

P7200007.jpg <== Bea's first bout with hives. Awful huh?

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.