Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Salmon Oil, Food, & Gas

Cooper11

Default Re: Salmon Oil, Food, & Gas

Quote Originally Posted by ImAGuinneyPig View Post
    If I remember, it takes at least a few weeks before you can really notice the effects of the salmon oil. Guinn has been on it since we brought her home as she had terribly dry skin. She gets 2 squirts every morning. She has a flake-free, shiny, and very soft coat. Anyone who pets her comments on how baby soft she is.

The thing I do know about giving too much salmon oil is that it can cause the runs. Not sure about gas. But it all comes from the same end, so there might be some connection there
    Could be could be! I wonder if I am just being too picky because Cooper really doesn't shed a lot and he has good skin and I think he is pretty soft....that is until you pet his sister she is very soft but they have 2 totally different coats! No runs here thank god! I am just afraid with all the gas one day he is just going to explode!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ellie
    Likes (Received)

I've heard that canned no sugar added pumpkin helps with gas

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Grains are an issue for bullies and chicken, well there are a lot of bullies allergic or have some sensitivity to it. Banks is highly allergic to chicken - hives if she has any. And, I notice her yeast issues and tear stains are pretty much gone since taking potato out of her food.... Fromm Beef Fritatta is the winner. Also, think about getting the full blood screen alergy test done -- takes the guess work out of it.

As for the --- it is probably the oil. We use the fish oil pills --- no gas
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Did you notice the less shedding right away because so far I see no difference on Coop!
    No, it didn't happen right away. I noticed the shedding was better by the end of week 2, and now it's much better by week 3. It was very noticeable to me since I wear a lot of black and those little white hairs get stuck everywhere!

Bulldog(s) Names
    boozy
    Likes (Received)

Boozy was on fish oil and salmon based food when I adopted him and his farts were a pphhthh of death. (Made for a long car ride home) Once he was off fish oil and on only hypoallergenic food the death farts disappeared and only pphhthh of eye watering gas remained, which was a huge improvement. Dermatologist told me that a lot of dogs are sensitive to fish of any sort.

Bulldog(s) Names
    muffin
    Likes (Received)

Hello Bully lovers!

i am brand new here (signed up about 2 hours ago) and i must say im loving it already! i adopted a 3 month old female named muffin 3 days ago and we love her to death! i guess my question is- will she be okay with salmon oil at 3 months? id rather be safe than sorry.

BullyWood Movie Star Fontanafox's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wilson & BabyGirl
    Likes (Received)

Glad you found our forum. It's been a while since my bullies were puppies so I will defer to others for their expert advice but in the meantime let me tell you we love pictures. We can't get enough of these wonderful bulldogs so when you get an opportunity please post some pics of Muffin. With a name like Muffin she's got to be a real cutie! Oh, and ask lots of questions about anything bully cuz we put our smarts and experiences together here to help each other out. Is that cool or what? This is the best place for a new bully parent so it's fortunate you found EBN!

Wilson & BabyGirl

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Kim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
    Likes (Received)

I had all three of my puppies on fish oil when I brought them home. So yes, you can your give your puppy fish oil. Pics would be lovely, by the way and welcome, we are one big happy family
    Kim, Lord Sebastian, Sir Oliver, Remy Le Beau, and Gracie Lou <3

Bulldog(s) Names
    muffin
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! This family is awesome! will post pics of Muffin ASAP.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Little Abby
    Likes (Received)

I give it to mine and shes around 11 wks old. I havent noticed any farting at all...but shes on fromm surf and turf now and gets the salmon oil. I use the kind that has the grain free treats too and she gets some of those. My husband hates the smell and she has bad "sea breath" but no farts....yet. HAHA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads