Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Salmon Oil, Food, & Gas

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    OMG! I had to look that one up cuz I had no clue what the **** you were talking about! I think Cooper would need years of therapy if I put a thong on him!!! That is the funniest thing ever invented!
    I looked it up too and I think now I've seen it all....

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

So.... of course I had to look that up too! WOW! Rook can be a stink bomb, but I would never have imagined something like that up in a million years. I can't imagine trying to wrestle Rook to get that on him... would that even work with a bully tail? Crazy!

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fontanafox View Post
    Too bad they discontinued "The Dogone Thong." It was a Dog Fart Neutralizing pad.
    No way. NO FLIPPIN WAY....!

@Cooper11 - the only way to isolate what could be a problem food is to stop ALL treating (I know! Hard to do!) and just stick with one thing at a time. Once you're sure that item is NOT causing the problem (gas, tear stains - whatever it is), then you add one other thing and wait. And wait. Not very much fun when there's a new pup around and all you want to do is pack and fetch for them. I totally know how that is!

Bo and Bea both have tear stains that drive me nuts. I think part of it is their eyes watering in the winter weather - however, they do NOT have hives or MUCH gas (Chicken is a toxic material for them) so I'm living with the tear stains "food wise" and applying all manner of topical solutions to resolve (again, one at a time). I've not found the magic potion yet. We're going to keep at it. I want Bea and Bo's face to look just like @karenben 's Annie if it KILLS US ALL! Otherwise, I've got healthy dogs with gorgeous coats and no bumps!

-p7200007-jpg <== Bea's first bout with hives. Awful huh?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

I too give Jack two pumps of Salmon oil with each meal.
    His farts are deadly ....they smell like (close your eyes and breath in) raw chicken with hard boiled eggs......

Until reading this thread, I didn't think about the cause of the farts...
    I just figure all Bulldogs are farters........

Besides, I don't mind when he farts....
    My wife and Kids have this game going on most nites where they bet each other who will do the dishes if they guess correctly who threw the fart. Jack or Me...

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola
    Likes (Received)

I started salmon oil 3 weeks ago. No increase in farting. However, the decrease in shedding is amazing. No more dry, flaky spots either. Her coat is super shiny and soft. Lola already had salmon in her food, we feed Fromm Surf and Turf, so maybe she was already used to it.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post
    His farts are deadly ....they smell like (close your eyes and breath in) raw chicken with hard boiled eggs......

My wife and Kids have this game going on most nites where they bet each other who will do the dishes if they guess correctly who threw the fart. Jack or Me...
    i don't mind when they either. i think it's funny when visitors make such a stink about it.
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Will - Killer of All Ninjas
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack Daniels
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ollieivy View Post
    i don't mind when they either. i think it's funny when visitors make such a stink about it.

Good one .!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Daniels View Post

Sounds like you live at my moms house....she is always saying her hubs is blaming Gracie for his gas! And I think we both know Girls don't Some one told me to try the fish oil pills instead of the actual oil and they may take care of the . Did you notice a difference in his coat and shedding after you started the fish oil???? The gas doesn't bother me that much either...Coops farts are like a breath of fresh air ..... although we did go on a mini vacation and he came with and lets just say we had to roll down the windows in the truck like every 10 minutes!I could live with the gas but I do wonder if his tummy is hurting because gas stomach pains are not fun!
    Last edited by Cooper11; 03-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by korikelly View Post
    I started salmon oil 3 weeks ago. No increase in farting. However, the decrease in shedding is amazing. No more dry, flaky spots either. Her coat is super shiny and soft. Lola already had salmon in her food, we feed Fromm Surf and Turf, so maybe she was already used to it.
    Did you notice the less shedding right away because so far I see no difference on Coop!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by ollieivy View Post
    :picknose:.....I think I am going to like you!

ImAGuinneyPig

If I remember, it takes at least a few weeks before you can really notice the effects of the salmon oil. Guinn has been on it since we brought her home as she had terribly dry skin. She gets 2 squirts every morning. She has a flake-free, shiny, and very soft coat. Anyone who pets her comments on how baby soft she is.

The thing I do know about giving too much salmon oil is that it can cause the runs. Not sure about gas. But it all comes from the same end, so there might be some connection there

Bulldog(s) Names
    Oliver and Ivy Claire
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    :picknose:.....I think I am going to like you!
    :girlwink:
    "J'embrace mon chien sur la bouche!" (i kiss my dog on the mouth!)--unknown

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads