what should I do if I take my 13 week old bulldog outside to do her business and she doesn't do anything?

rmurray

Feb 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
I have a 13 week old female English Bulldog puppy. I have just started crate training my puppy. What should I do when I take my puppy outside and she doesn't do her business? This happens frequently. And sometimes she won't do anything while we are outside but she will do her business when we get back inside the house. I don't know what to do. Should I put her back in the crate and then try to take her back out in about 10 minutes? I don't want the puppy to think the crate is a punishment. I'm just stuck. Thanks

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..if she doesn't do anything..your timing is just off a bit. I was so buggy taking Jake out every 20 minutes or so at the beginning. It just takes a couple times of them going at the right time..and you praising...for them to get it! It's hit and miss at first. During the day..I'd take her out every 20 to 30 minutes..if she doesn't go...try again in 10 or 15. Once she goes..you can go back to 30 minutes. Take her out right when she wakes up and finishes playing and eating. Did you use the link I put in your other thread? It's a great resource and worked so well.

Last edited:
OP
R

rmurray

Feb 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
yes I did. Thank you so much. i really appreciate all the wonderful advice. I'm having a hard time with this website. It takes me forever to figure out how to post a new thread. and I just figured out how to reply back. I wish I was better with computers. Thanks again

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
yes I did. Thank you so much. i really appreciate all the wonderful advice. I'm having a hard time with this website. It takes me forever to figure out how to post a new thread. and I just figured out how to reply back. I wish I was better with computers. Thanks again

No worries! I'm terrible with computers too! If you need any help..just ask! Someone will jump right in! You have done fine with your threads! If you want to reply to a specific person who posted on your thread..just click reply with quote at the bottom ..under the quick reply box! Then start answering..under their quote..then hit post quick reply...it should show up like this! :up: just ask!

OP
R

rmurray

Feb 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
No worries! I'm terrible with computers too! If you need any help..just ask! Someone will jump right in! You have done fine with your threads! If you want to reply to a specific person who posted on your thread..just click reply with quote at the bottom ..under the quick reply box! Then start answering..under their quote..then hit post quick reply...it should show up like this! :up: just ask!

thank you

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.