hello hello hello

C

Cooper11

Well Congrats...and if you haven't yet there is an introduction spot for you to introduce yourself and post some pics of your baby! You will find so much helpful advice here so don't be shy and get those pictures posted! :tease:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Congratulations! When you get a chance we'd like to see a pic of your new bulldog Sumo. My bulldogs are 3 years old and one thing that I learned was that food was the first order of business. The right food can help prevent unnecessary vet visits because some bulldogs have allergies. If you can manage it I recommend getting a blood allergy test. It will give you a place to start on what food he should be on. Food allergies can cause yeast (reddish stains), ear infections, skin infections (scabs) and overall poor health. Sometimes the allergies can be caused by the environment, like dust and plants. The test reveals which. Now if your bully doesn't have any symptoms like that then the food he is on should be ok but we recommend higher quality foods. Next order of business is bulldog hygiene. Wrinkles should be kept clean and dry as much as possible because bacteria and yeast can grow in wet warm places. Check ears frequently too to make sure there isn't some gunky brown stinky stuff in there because that can also lead to ear infections and if it smells bad it might be already infected. Vet visit will be necessary for antibiotics and they should tell you that you need to use an ear flush to keep ears clean and healthy. Some dogs need cleaning more than others. Like my bulldog Wilson. When he gets a bath it's like "detailing" a car. Ears, nose, underside, tail. Speaking of tails, you need to inspect under the tail and if you have to use baby wipes or a moist towel to keep your bulldogs tail (underneath) clean. My Bulldog BabyGirl has a screw tail that's very hard to clean. If it's not cleaned it will bother her a lot and I don't want her to get an infection. Some bullies have even had their tails amputated, so we want to try to avoid that if at all possible as it can be a risky surgery. Noses can be kept moist by using Vaseline, baby oil or something called Snout Soother. :whew: Hope I haven't overwhelmed you. Last but not least :love: :love: :love: your bully and he will be your best buddy for life.

b445a02e.jpg

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, so make yourself at home.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: Can't wait to see pics of your baby! Glad you found the site! THere are a lot of amazing people here!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Congratulations! When you get a chance we'd like to see a pic of your new bulldog Sumo. My bulldogs are 3 years old and one thing that I learned was that food was the first order of business. The right food can help prevent unnecessary vet visits because some bulldogs have allergies. If you can manage it I recommend getting a blood allergy test. It will give you a place to start on what food he should be on. Food allergies can cause yeast (reddish stains), ear infections, skin infections (scabs) and overall poor health. Sometimes the allergies can be caused by the environment, like dust and plants. The test reveals which. Now if your bully doesn't have any symptoms like that then the food he is on should be ok but we recommend higher quality foods. Next order of business is bulldog hygiene. Wrinkles should be kept clean and dry as much as possible because bacteria and yeast can grow in wet warm places. Check ears frequently too to make sure there isn't some gunky brown stinky stuff in there because that can also lead to ear infections and if it smells bad it might be already infected. Vet visit will be necessary for antibiotics and they should tell you that you need to use an ear flush to keep ears clean and healthy. Some dogs need cleaning more than others. Like my bulldog Wilson. When he gets a bath it's like "detailing" a car. Ears, nose, underside, tail. Speaking of tails, you need to inspect under the tail and if you have to use baby wipes or a moist towel to keep your bulldogs tail (underneath) clean. My Bulldog BabyGirl has a screw tail that's very hard to clean. If it's not cleaned it will bother her a lot and I don't want her to get an infection. Some bullies have even had their tails amputated, so we want to try to avoid that if at all possible as it can be a risky surgery. Noses can be kept moist by using Vaseline, baby oil or something called Snout Soother. :whew: Hope I haven't overwhelmed you. Last but not least :love: :love: :love: your bully and he will be your best buddy for life.

WOW .. I think that just about covers it all!!! :bravo:

Welcome to you and Sumo .... I am heading over to the intro section right now to see if I can find your pics!! :up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs. Thank you so much for adopting!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.