Do your bullies have bedtime routines?

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Elli is very vocal when she's trying to go to sleep. Growls, whines, and snorts. Then it's a cleaning session that's sounds like she's a car wash. Finally it's snuggle time and of course snoring.

Does your bullies have a specific method to their bedtime madness?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457108.568659.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330457108.568659.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 118
C

Cooper11

Not Cooper when he is tired he will just plop down right where he is and sprawl out during the day. And he will randomly move to different spots. My Coop doesn't snore much just a little cute snore! But Gracie is LOUD she sounds like a pig, gotta love her! At night time Cooper will pass ot somewhere..floor,couch,kennel,under my bed or my daughters bed and then when he realizes everyone went to bed he will come and want me to put him up on the bed. The only rotin he had was when I let him up on the bed he would annoy my other dog to the point where he jumps down and when Cooper falls asleep he will come back up. Cleaning.....hmmm..can't say Coop cleans himself....He must be a dirty boy! But he does Hog the bed. he sleeps sideways and has to be up at the head of the bed not the foot! Gotta love em!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake knows when it's time for "last call"! He's the first to the door..then off to his bed! If someone is still up..he will come find them..and cuddle! He doesn't snore either..and the only time he licks is when he's about to :barf: or needs a Benadryl!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
All of mine know the routine, and little Jewel is learning, they all go outside to do their last business for the night, come in and go straight to their crates for their nightly treat, and then to sleep they go.

I

ImAGuinneyPig

She gets her last trip outside. Other than that, I think Guinness has just adapted to our routine.

Once we start turning out the lights, she heads into the bedroom and sits at the bed, waiting for someone to get in bed before she does. Sometimes if she's really tired she'll get in bed before us and pass out, or look out the window from the bed.

Sometimes she also comes in the bathroom and sits on the bathmat when I am washing my face and brushing my teeth. Silly Bully :tongue:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Ivy goes to lie at the bottom of the stairs. That is her way of saying she wants to go to bed. Ollie likes to bet the last one up...always. He will come up only after everyone is snuggled into bed. He's funny that way. He also hogs the bed, and must be between us, near the head of the bed. Ivy likes to sleep at our feet. Sometimes they snuggle up to each other.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Brutus has the idea but ALWAYS beats us to the bed for the best spot :cursing: back to me and legs in hubbys back :ROFL: He and his sister go potty and she waits for us to get in bed but not Brutus! He is already waiting as soon as coming back inside! Last night he actually made Chanel fall off the bed! AWwww i felt bad for her ! She sleeps completley under the covers! lol

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
My Gunnyboy has to have his cereal before bed, He loves frosted mini wheats he loves them. We have been doing this for years and I feed him with a spoon. Ya gotta love him. I"ll post some pics of eating his cereal

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Wow. All these stories are so sweet! Our routine is pretty simple: Lupe goes out for a pee, then she shuffles in ahead of us and sits by her stool-step at the bed. After Dad straightens out the sheet we use on top of our comforter--easier to stay on top of laundry this way--she climbs up and parks it right between mom and dad, and that dog will not move an inch all night.

Occasionally if the lights are on and I'm reading, she'll give a sleepy growl, which means: scratch my butt or else I start annoying you guys with some manic foot/haunch chomping. Usually, though, it's straight to deep bully breathing and sometimes some snores.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie worships bed ... in fact I think if she could find a way to eat .. pee .. and poop from our bed it would be paradise for her!! Her routine is to go out and come back in and either stare at us by sitting directly in front of the TV where she has full view of the entire room and all of us. Or she goes upstairs and sits at the very top staring down into the family room and making "humph" noises to show us her displeasure that we are not already upstairs in bed. This often starts as early as 5pm ... and Maggie has been known to come down in the morning, eat breakfast, go outside and then expect to go back to bed!!

Linus is like [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious![/MENTION] and Lucy .... as soon as he thinks it might be bedtime he lowers himself as much as possible to the floor and scoots off .. usually under the coffee table. Which is getting interesting because he is growing and doesn't really fit under there as easy as he used to. Finally we catch him and carry him into the laundry room where his crate is and all the time he makes huffing noises and when we put him in the crate he gives us "the look" as if we are a continuous disappointment to him.

Daddy is very good .. he goes outside and when we say "bedtime' to him he goes wandering off and puts himself to bed. If we could lose the jumping up and the kitty poop eating he would be the perfect bully!!

C

Cooper11

Maggie worships bed ... in fact I think if she could find a way to eat .. pee .. and poop from our bed it would be paradise for her!! Her routine is to go out and come back in and either stare at us by sitting directly in front of the TV where she has full view of the entire room and all of us. Or she goes upstairs and sits at the very top staring down into the family room and making "humph" noises to show us her displeasure that we are not already upstairs in bed. This often starts as early as 5pm ... and Maggie has been known to come down in the morning, eat breakfast, go outside and then expect to go back to bed!!

Linus is like @Lucy-licious! and Lucy .... as soon as he thinks it might be bedtime he lowers himself as much as possible to the floor and scoots off .. usually under the coffee table. Which is getting interesting because he is growing and doesn't really fit under there as easy as he used to. Finally we catch him and carry him into the laundry room where his crate is and all the time he makes huffing noises and when we put him in the crate he gives us "the look" as if we are a continuous disappointment to him.

Daddy is very good .. he goes outside and when we say "bedtime' to him he goes wandering off and puts himself to bed. If we could lose the jumping up and the kitty poop eating he would be the perfect bully!!
:ROFL: This sounds soo cute. Cooper and Gracie love or use to love to pee on pillows and blankets...if there was one on the floor or the couch you pretty much should be expecting one of them to go over and pop a squat! Sometimes Cooper use to dig at the pillow and then pee and last night he was on my bed and started digging and I was like wow..wow...wow..:ROFL:
He also like to go under my bed and my daughters...I noticed he attempted to go under our bed the other night and I laughed...I'm pretty sure he doesn't fit anymore...Kinda sad cause he loved to go and escape to be by himself under there :) My baby is getting toooo big!:cry:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Elli is very vocal when she's trying to go to sleep. Growls, whines, and snorts. Then it's a cleaning session that's sounds like she's a car wash. Finally it's snuggle time and of course snoring. Does your bullies have a specific method to their bedtime madness?

What a beautiful picture!

Banks does not have any... she'll do a little nesting, but that is it. Nitshcke had TONS of them.

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
Gunny loves bed too!! we go to bed about 11:00 and he sleeps until 2:00 the next afternoon, with the air on of course. the air in our bedroom is on even during the winter months and we freeze when we lived in northern Pa he loved the snow. Its 1:40 pm right now and hes just waking up, he loves to sleep, God bless his heart.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.