Thread: How often should I give my puppy a bath if she is pooping in her crate?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pippa
    Likes (Received)

Default How often should I give my puppy a bath if she is pooping in her crate?

I have a 13 week old puppy and she has been pooping in her crate. Do I need to give her a bath everytime? I use baby wipes to clean her up each time. Should I give her a complete bath after each poop in her crate or are baby wipes enough? I am married and have a 14yr old son and an 11 year old daughter. I am in charge of all crate training and all dog duties because my wife really didn't want a puppy. I talked her into getting one and agreed to put in all the duty. I don't want to expose my wife and kids to unhealthy germs so I was wonderingthat if I don't bathe her each time she poops, but just use a wipe to clean her paws if the poop is only on her paws, will I be exposing my wife and kids to unhealthy germs without bathing her each time.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Sylvia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tess & Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Welcome...my husband didn't want another puppy either so I have all the dog duties to. I usually use wipes or a wash cloth depends on how bad she is. I do bathe her once a week until I can get her potty train. Good luck! Everyone here has good advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site Baby wipes are good to use so you don't have to bathe often! If you do bathe a lot try and use oatmeal based as it will help with dryness! I used baby wipes when Brutus had his accidents if they weren't bad! Sometimes he needed a bath lol
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How often should I give my puppy a bath if she is pooping in her crate?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy-licious! View Post
    I only ever bathed Lucy when a baby wipe wouldnt get the poop off.
    And she's a nurse..who knows about COOTIES!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman, LeRoy and China
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How often should I give my puppy a bath if she is pooping in her crate?

Not me. I had to bathe them every time... I could always smell that nasty poo smell on them; even with wipes.
    Ask the experimenters why they experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are like us." Ask the experimenters why it is morally okay to experiment on animals, and the answer is: "Because the animals are not like us." Animal experimentation rests on a logical contradiction. ~Charles R. Magel

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Depends on how messy the pup is.... wipes can handle it then fine, but if she rolled around in it = bath. But you really want to keep the baths to a minimum to avoid drying out her coat.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads