How often should I give my puppy a bath if she is pooping in her crate?

rmurray

Feb 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Pippa
I have a 13 week old puppy and she has been pooping in her crate. Do I need to give her a bath everytime? I use baby wipes to clean her up each time. Should I give her a complete bath after each poop in her crate or are baby wipes enough? I am married and have a 14yr old son and an 11 year old daughter. I am in charge of all crate training and all dog duties because my wife really didn't want a puppy. I talked her into getting one and agreed to put in all the duty. I don't want to expose my wife and kids to unhealthy germs so I was wonderingthat if I don't bathe her each time she poops, but just use a wipe to clean her paws if the poop is only on her paws, will I be exposing my wife and kids to unhealthy germs without bathing her each time.

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Welcome...my husband didn't want another puppy either so I have all the dog duties to. I usually use wipes or a wash cloth depends on how bad she is. I do bathe her once a week until I can get her potty train. Good luck! Everyone here has good advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Welcome to the site :) Baby wipes are good to use so you don't have to bathe often! If you do bathe a lot try and use oatmeal based as it will help with dryness! I used baby wipes when Brutus had his accidents if they weren't bad! Sometimes he needed a bath lol

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
Not me. I had to bathe them every time... I could always smell that nasty poo smell on them; even with wipes.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Depends on how messy the pup is.... wipes can handle it then fine, but if she rolled around in it = bath. But you really want to keep the baths to a minimum to avoid drying out her coat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.