what do you think is lou english or olde english.... help?!

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
a little back story

i got lou last week from a breeder claiming to have old english.. fine and dandy.. i wanted an english.. so the ad read.. akc old english bulldog puppy.. ha there you go akc old english cant be registered threw the akc so im like SWEET!!!!! i got and english.. well.... i seen his parents. is dad had the biggest head if any english bull dog i have ever seen ( i have been around big headed males all my life) and his moms head was large but not overly larger. both big bodied. anyways i got lou and after the first couple days i had my fears that what i got was not want i wanted. so i got on akc and got his parents pedigrees to calm my head. they check out all english.. but still a though in my head says do more so im posting pics and i will let you guys/gals help put my mind at ease. so i will ask.. english or olde english fyi hes nine weeks old and wieghs 19 lbs
IMG_1567.jpg

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I dont think we could determine his pedigree from one pic, or even a lot of pics. But he sure is cute!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
It is really hard to tell the difference between the two breeds..

I

ImAGuinneyPig

The only way to be sure is to have gotten him from a reputable breeder, seen the parents, their AKC registration, as well to have gotten your puppy's papers. If you have all that, then you have yourself an AKC registered Bulldog.

Either way, he is adorable :)

C

Cooper11

I agree with the others...too hard to tell the difference....Just looks like your going to have a BIG Boy on your hands!! So Cute he is a keeper!

OP
L

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
More pics

Attachments

• 2012-02-25 11.54.15-1.jpg
    2012-02-25 11.54.15-1.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 125
  • 2012-02-25 11.54.04-1.jpg
    2012-02-25 11.54.04-1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 2012-02-25 11.37.27-1.jpg
    2012-02-25 11.37.27-1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 134
OP
L

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
As stated seen his parents they looked fine and I bought the parents pedigree from the akc website and that checks out just asking the peoples opinion and yes he's going to be a very big boy I hope is head catches up with his body

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
some english are very tall and big..Not all are small. My two one year olds are giants..and they are purebred. Fostering I have seen all sizes.

OP
L

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
And his father was DNA tested by the akc so I assume that's good for English

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Looks English to me! But just a warning, in the next few months he will go through a teenage phase. His legs will grow first, then at about 10 months he will start to get wider. Then at around 1.5 years his head will get broader.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
OK, I'll give you our addy and you can send him to us. Then you won't have to worry about it anymore....... I'm helpful like that! :D

I don't think he is olde, just saying. ;)

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
He looks all english to me! And boy is he gonna be a big boy. Oh and the other dog is adorable too!! :heart:

OP
L

loudogsman

Feb 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lou dog
Thank you all for the wonderful things you said about Lou dog

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.