Open rash/tear stain

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
Wrigley is currently developing tear stains on his wrinkles on his face, and just now I notice he had a big gash reddish and raw moist under his neck..I dont know if it is from the collar being to tight. So I have remomved it. I have been treating his tear stains for 4 days now wiping it with baby wipes and mixing corn starch and peroxide, doesnt seem to help. I also have angel eyes but afraid to use it because it carries thymine. Any recommendations? Now I want to talk about the gash on his neck, I removed the collar put triple antibiotic on it and left it on there, the gash is about half inch long. Should I have use a diffrent treatment? Any advice or suggestions would really appreciate it. Also Wrigley is in the process of switching his food from diamond puppy food to 4 star fromm duck n sweet potato.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
How much Fromm is he on? It sounds like the tear stains are from food and will go away once you're completely transitioned. I don't think the treatments will do anything for the stains, when you find the right food it will happen. Sorry don't have very much knowledge on hot spots but others will come along. Hang in there!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Tear stains are the headache of all bully owners ... I had Maggie totally tear stain free and then all of a sudden they are back... I had mixed within the Fromm 4* range but right now they are all fully on the Fromm Beef Frittata which is grain and chicken free. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall now [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] feels my pain!!

All I can say is that just when you think you've got it ... there's an 50% chance you haven't when it comes to tear stains!!

As for the gash round his neck ... could you give us a photo. It's difficult to say if it's a cut or a hot spot unless we see pics ....!!

C

Cooper11

Those tear stain are just getting to you aren't they! I feel ya. Let me know if the dog food change helps because I don't really want to start messing with changing foods if it's not going to help because tear stain are my only complaint with my cooper! When I clean his face at night and put baby powder on his face he looks so white so it makes me feel a little better! The gash yes I would want to see a pic....make sure it is clean and dry! it is inside on the the wrinkles under his chin?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
It sounds like it could be a hive that opened up..especially if under his collar. But I'm just guessing without seeing it. I think I would not use corn starch. Jake doesn't have tear stains so I'm no good on that..but I like Maloket wipes on all his acne and any little bumps he gets. Witch hazel is a great thing to use too on wrinkles and ears..and nose ropes. A Qtip soaked in it gets in all those places. Except use a cotton pad wrapped around your finger ..soaked in witch hazel. The great thing is ...its a natural astringent that will dry on its own. My dogs love me to reach deep in their ears !

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3904]Poppy[/MENTION]. And as far as for the triple antibiotic is that the best I can use? No vasaline. And are Angel eyes good to use for our bullies? 017.jpg

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thank you...Should I use the angel eyes I have already or do you reccommend witch hazel? And do you reccomend it on open wound?

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] thank you...Should I use the angel eyes I have already or do you reccommend witch hazel? And do you reccomend it on open wound?
[MENTION=3904]Poppy[/MENTION] he is at about 2.5 cups a day

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I don't really like the idea of the angel eyes .. I'd rather find the reason WHY the tear stains are happening and go from there!!!

That does look like a hot spot to me ... when did it start exactly ... seems like he's having an allergic reaction to something??

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] yes roght under his chin and sorry I dont think its a gash its just open and raw I think for the collar but there has been a previous tear stain there before'

C

Cooper11

Yeah I think hot spot too.....it doesn't smell does it...does he act like it is sore

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ok..it does look like a hot spot. I would clean with 1/2 peroxide ..1/2 water..then neosporin as a topical. He might need a round of antibiotics if you don't see an improvement in a few days. I don't like angel eyes either..just because it's an antibiotic and pretty harsh. I don't use witch hazel for tear stains..just to clean any place that can be moist. keep the collar off for awhile too!

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] what is a hot spot..And Im not sure if he is alergic to the food but just yesterday I completeley switch over to FROMM 4 star duck and sweet potato. I noticed it last week when it was just brownish and size of a penny. During his food tranistion Ive mixed 100 percent caned pumkin in his food for him to eat it.

[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] no it doesnt smell and when I applied the triple antibiotic he seemed fine.

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] knows her stuff!
(so we let her think) :tease:

OP
A

Antonio Tablante

Feb 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Wrigley
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] what exaclty is a hot spot? and would tripple antibiotic work? And to use witch hazel cn you do it on a raw moist skin??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online