Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Open rash/tear stain

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Open rash/tear stain

Just a little info! My daughter has a huge (114 lbs) golden retriever. He currently has an e collar on because he has a huge hotspot under his tail! His was caused by a flea! He is very sensitive to fleas and then he kept chomping until it was huge! Vet cleaned it..put him on antibiotics and now it just has to heal! Soooo..other dogs have "issues" too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

LMAO Paisley has a "German Shepherd" issue going on. Fortunately, it is usually much further advanced for the Sheps, because it's under their tail and fur, and the Sheps can reach it, and make it worse.. Similar to your daughters retriever. Luckily for Paisley, she can't reach her butt, has no tail, and super short fur, so we caught it early

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sounds to me like there was a reaction to the e collar. This happened to me as well, up under the neck from moisture (like dripping from the water bowl), in combination with the plastic from the collar. The collar also folds the turkey neck creating a new place for bacteria to grow.

Hot spots that occur from food generally show up behind the ears and neck, usually anyway.

For the tear stains, I have been having much success with Malacetic Ultra. I would not use it daily however, it seems very strong! In between I also use witch hazel.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn
    Likes (Received)

Bottled water made Brooklyn tear stain free. He had horrendous tear stains and now he is pure white good luck!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Sounds to me like there was a reaction to the e collar. This happened to me as well, up under the neck from moisture (like dripping from the water bowl), in combination with the plastic from the collar. The collar also folds the turkey neck creating a new place for bacteria to grow.

Hot spots that occur from food generally show up behind the ears and neck, usually anyway.

For the tear stains, I have been having much success with Malacetic Ultra. I would not use it daily however, it seems very strong! In between I also use witch hazel.
    Really I was afraid to use the Malacetic Ultra for tear stains....how often do you use it then?

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by TomnZon View Post
    Bottled water made Brooklyn tear stain free. He had horrendous tear stains and now he is pure white good luck!
    O GOSH!!! You telling me this dog needs bottled water now!!!! Next he will need a bidet! I just keep seeing $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    Really I was afraid to use the Malacetic Ultra for tear stains....how often do you use it then?

Once or twice a week

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    Once or twice a week
    So you use cotton balls.....wipe it, dry it and leave it nothing else huh? I have notice Coops face pinking up so I am thinking of switching to fromm food also. Have you changed foods at all and did it make a difference?

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Wrigley
    Likes (Received)

@acarabias Thanks for the link!!

@cowsmom-Actually I purchased a diffrent bag of fromm going from duck n sweet potato to pork n apple sauce. He actually loved it today ate every single kibble.

@desertskybulldogs-Where do you get Malacetic Ultra at?

@Cooper11- What food is your bulldog currently on?

I just want to thank everyone for all the advice Wrigleys hot spot seemed to closed up and is dry, I have left the collar off and planned on it for awhile. He is fully transitioned to his new food FROMM and couldnt much happier to see him have great food. He smells better, and just happy overall

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

You can get Malacetic Ultra on Amazon.com for the best price usually.

Cooper11

I got my M Ultra on amazon also ....also got the wipes,,,,,Cooper is currently on IVET witch is a no namer in this group. cowsmom said its an okay food but there are better out there...I really have no issues with it other than the stain and maybe a little pink in face but I can't tell if that is from playing? @Antonio Tablante

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads