shedding

C

Cooper11

Yes I know bulldogs shed...but does everyone bully shed everyday??? I thought it was normal but I see some people say i do this when theyshed....when????......is my Coop and Gracie some weird bullies that shed all the time....If Coop get on my dark brown ottoman when he gets off there is little white hairs he left behind. Not really bad but there is hair on it. I started the salmon oil,,,and If i brush Cooper everyday it does slow the shedding down. So i guess my question is does your bully constantly shed?

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
Ours shed in the spring and stay shedding until winter. I suspect shedding may have something to do with climate. It would make sense... They still shed in the winter, but very little.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake has shed like crazy! So bad..we had company and he was leaning against her black pants. When she got up to leave her pants..from the knees down..hàd turned an awesome Fawn color! :bang: it was amazing how much hair there was. I have noticed a huge difference since we switched food..so hopefully the salmon oil will help! You might try a rubber curry brush too..it's for horses..but it's amazing on Bully coats..

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My bullies shed a lot! They've all been shedding the last two months so lots of vacuuming and lint rollers at every exit and in every car.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yea, they shed pretty much everyday -- there are just times when it is worse. Nitschke was brutal -- could not keep up with him. Banks sheds but it is not bad. verdict is still out on Cheli

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah does not shed. she sheds if she is nervous or gets into something she is allergic to but thats about it. guess im lucky.

OP
C

Cooper11

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]

I know! And you know black is a favorite color for a girl! So slimming! Now I dread when I wear by black stuff...I have one of those brushes! Actually it is like a glove thing bt it works miracles! Doesn't work the best on Gracie though...Cooper and Gracie have totally different coats she is soooo soft and he is more coarse and her fur is shorter than his! When I brush him everyday he doesn't shed very bad but I am use to a non shedding dog. O well I still love him even with the hair all over!:)

[MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION]

Yes I have never bought so many lent brushes and I vacuum 2 times a day and every time I do I get a lot of hair....I don't see the hair but the vacuum sure finds it! Coop isn't really allowed in my hubbies truck anymore cuz he has cloth black seats! We are putting leather in!

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
Poor Cheli gets the blame for everything!!!! the hair, the paper...whats next!:detective:

[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

You 2 been talking to [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] she dumped :poo: a big one on me via visitor message! :nonono::girlfight::ROFL: She's asking for it :bat:

OP
C

Cooper11

sarah does not shed. she sheds if she is nervous or gets into something she is allergic to but thats about it. guess im lucky.
:tease: Rub it in why don't ya!:cursing::ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor Cheli gets the blame for everything!!!! the hair, the paper...whats next!:detective:

@JAKEISGREAT @2BullyMama You 2 been talking to @cowsmom she dumped :poo: a big one on me via visitor message! :nonono::girlfight::ROFL: She's asking for it :bat:

Nope... she is jumping in all on her own! As for Cheli, I didn't blame him for the hair - i said the verdict was still out -

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] you were the one who said they were bored so i livened it up for ya. and bring it on :fight:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You lot just crack me up ...... :ROFL:

BUT to answer the ORIGINAL question .... I found that when I had Maggie on the crap food (pre-EBN days when I didn't know better) that she shed alot but as soon as we switched to Fromm and the Grizzly salmon oil it was cut down drastically and her hair got so much softer. Now the shedding seems to change with the season. Right now it's not too bad but I know as summer approaches they will start to shed and get their summer coat so it will be a huge job once again. They all seem to shed alot during summer!!! :down:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.