I made a big boo-boo .. poor Banks

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Funny story from Thursday night -

Once a month I take Banks for her laser treatment and I give her half-tablet of Xanax to calm her for the ride over (she HATES the car). Well, she also started on a neurological medicine so she does not feel the pain in her back in between laser sessions. WELL -- I did not know the two should not be mixed - OOPS! I gave her both meds at 4:10 PM.... we get to the vet at 5:30 and she goes right back for her treatment... I am in the waiting room with Cheli for the hour... she comes out at 6:30 and is SOOOOOO not listening to anyone and pulling to get back with the girls (she knows where they keep the treats). I'm thinking, what the heck is her problem, why is she not listening to me!!!

Ok, we're in the car and she always just lays in the corner, of the passenger seat floor with her head tucked under the dashboard which she did for the hour ride home. We get home and she is walking really strange.. dragging her front paws and acting like she has not had food in YEARS!! Ate her dinner in seconds (faster than normal)... then we feed Cheli and Banks runs over, pushes him out of the way and starts inhaling his dinner. Lewis had to pull her away as she would not listen. Then I am eating a PBJ and she is jumping up on my legs to try and get it from me - now, she always begs/stares while we are eating, but she NEVER jumps on us. At this point, it is now about 7:45... I say to Lewis what is wrong with her.. "she is dragging her paws and acting strange -- it is like she is drunk??" He agrees - we chat for a few seconds and I decided to call the vet office - tell them everything and ask -- 'should I have not combined her Gabapentin with the Xanax?'.

Janie goes to talk with Dr. Rossignili.... she comes back on the phone giggling ' Yes, Banks is high!' and Dr. Rossignili said (very thick Italian accent) "Never do that again". We (me and Janie) at this point are hysterical and I ask will she be OK.. should we take her to the ER. Nothing we could do as it was already in her blood stream -- UGH!! Only thing we could do is to get her to drink a LOT of water in order to flush her system.... how do we do that!?? PLAY... we were crying laughing as she had no control of herself... banging into stuff, tripping over her paws, running Cheli over - she was a true BULL in a china shop. We got her to drink almost a full bowl of water -- potty big time and she literally, passed out at 10:30. She slept with Lewis that night and he said she was OUT, seriously out cold and snoring, which she never does!

She was totally back to her ole self the next morning! :whew:

Sorry -- no pictures or video, battery was dead in the camera and the b/f was beyond his normal level of paranoia, er, I mean concern so I figured it best to just keep Banks moving.

C

Cooper11

If You didn't say what you gave her I wold thought you gave her a weed brownie!! She had the munchies!!!! Funny Story!

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I really needed a laugh right now..That is too funny

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:ohmy: poor Banks....:shhhh: don't let the teenage Bully's hear bout THIS! Oyyyyyyyy!

If You didn't say what you gave her I wold thought you gave her a weed brownie!! She had the munchies!!!! Funny Story!

Lewis was saying now that she knows the feeling -- she is going to try and sell her meds at the dog park. :nonono:

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
:ROFL:Funny story!! I can picture Banks all high and stuff!! :lol: Thanks for the funny this afternoon!! I really needed that! :heart:

C

Cooper11

Lewis was saying now that she knows the feeling -- she is going to try and sell her meds at the dog park. :nonono:

:goodone::ROFL: O I wold love to be at the dog park that day to see all the drugged up dogs! :/ I think I now know who to keep Cooper away from! :lmao:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
That is so funny!!! How could a bully be any funnier, get him "high"! :ROFL:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh man, I sure wish you had video. You did a great job at telling the story, I could picture it all happening!

Better watch out we are going to name you the "Bully Supplier"!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh man, I sure wish you had video. You did a great job at telling the story, I could picture it all happening!

Better watch out we are going to name you the "Bully Supplier"!

That is so funny!!! How could a bully be any funnier, get him "high"! :ROFL:

She was even at one point... swaying, looking up at us with a "WTF glassy eyed stare'

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Too funny, was she leaning on the arm rest in the car on the way home, or handing out the window?? :ROFL:

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Too funny, was she leaning on the arm rest in the car on the way home, or handing out the window?? :ROFL:

She was hanging out the window howling at the boys and flashing them

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online