I'm feeling conflicted.

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
My user name is RocoesDaddy. However, Roscoe died in my arms last June after having a massive seizure. It came out of the blue since he had never had a seizure before. I am not ashamed to say i shed many a tear over him.
Months have passed and my family felt they were ready for another bully in the house. Well, my wife came home with a little brindle bully pup. My wife and daughter are ecstatic but I can't seem to get that instant bond I had with Roscoe. Chewy (the pups name) lives in my lap and stumbles around the house doing puppy things. I can't help but compare everything he does to Roscoe. I am sure things will change in time but right now instead of feeling the joy of having an having a new pup running around, I miss my Roscoe and I feel guilty for doing so. I'm sorry this isn't a very uplifting post, it's just how I feel right now.

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Oh!! I am so sorry for your loss of Rosco. No other bully will replace him. You just need to open your heart for Chewy. Not replace but open a new spot. Remember every bully baby is different. Give Chewy a chance and give him some lovins too. :heart:

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
I cannot, and more, refuse to imagine losing my bullies. I just know that it will change me forever. Remember that bullies are like snowflakes...there are no two exactly alike! Chewy needs your love now, and the gift of Roscoe will remain with you always.

OP
Chewysdaddy

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
Trust me, chewy will be spoiled rotten and very much loved. It's just right now it feels like a scab has been ripped off and it's like old emotions from roscoes death are still there. I don't mean to come across as an overly emotional blathering idiot but Roscoe had my heart you know.

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Maybe coming here will be the best thing EVER for you, Chewy and even Roscoe :)

Even though Roscoe is gone, I'm sure he'd love to know you had someone to blow snot on you when he sneezes. No bulldog that has ever walked the earth would want their person to be lonely, and I'm sure, as much as you loved your Roscoe, Chewy will be such a lucky person!!

I've had my girl for years, and just joined this site last week. I have to admit, I kind LOVE it here. Looking at all these little puppies (especially in the intro section of the forum) makes me think back to all the cute little things Pais did over the years. Perhaps.... looking at all these floppy ears, warm loving eyes, and wrinkles wrinkles wrinkles will make it more fun to love Chewy for the pup he is, but also give you a smile and chuckle at all the good times you and Roscoe had :)

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Ohhhhh is your avatar pup Roscoe, or Chewy? And, if it's Chewy, I'd LOVE to see a picture of Roscoe :)

OP
Chewysdaddy

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
That was Roscoe when he was around 6 months. Guess I need to somehow change my user name to chewysdaddy now.

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Why would you need to change it? LMAO

Besides.. I kind of like all those little snout freckles!! Annnnd.. I know he was a boy dog.. hehehehehe but it looks like he's wearing lipstick!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm so sorry about the loss of Roscoe. The hardest part of giving your heart to a dog or cat is the hole left when they leave us. I've been in your shoes so many times and remember too well the empty feeling and sadness. There is nothing we can say or Sweet Chewy can do to let that hole heal. It will happen..but we all heal differently. And all of our critters are different. It sounds like you feel a bit guilty over Roscoe's sudden passing. Just know there is nothing you could have done. You did your job by loving Roscoe with all your heart. Now it's time to open your heart again and it's hard. But I know it's going to happen. No way can you have a beautiful Bully Pup without falling in love. One way or the other...he's so getting in to your heart. :yes: I figure you might as well love him totally while he's a young bully...because he'll be grown before you know it! Don't compare..share! And start here with pictures and stories of BOTH your Bully Boys! Glad you are back!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
That was Roscoe when he was around 6 months. Guess I need to somehow change my user name to chewysdaddy now.

If you want to change your user name..go to the Bully Market..you can do it there. Give me a few minutes..I'm going to go donate you enough Bully Bucks so you can change your name! :up: when and if you want to!

gunnyboy

Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2012
Bradford Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarge and LuLu
I feel so bad for your loss. I can"t imagine loosing my Gunnyboy he means the world to me. I love this boy so much and the thought of him not being there someday makes me cry and I was a combat marine and he stole my heart 9 yrs ago. I have a wonderful wife and grown kids but I am 67 yrs old and when he goes I don"t think I will be far behind him, another bully would not be the same. You can"t explaine to someone how these guys take your heart . He has changed my life in many ways, but most of all taught me how to Love.

OP
Chewysdaddy

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
If you want to change your user name..go to the Bully Market..you can do it there. Give me a few minutes..I'm going to go donate you enough Bully Bucks so you can change your name! :up: when and if you want to!

Thank you so much!!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm so sorry for your loss too. It brought tears to my eyes, 'cause I started thinking about the future loss of my Usko and he's only 16 months old. How sentimental is that?

OP
Chewysdaddy

Chewysdaddy

Jun 3, 2010
I feel so bad for your loss. I can"t imagine loosing my Gunnyboy he means the world to me. I love this boy so much and the thought of him not being there someday makes me cry and I was a combat marine and he stole my heart 9 yrs ago. I have a wonderful wife and grown kids but I am 67 yrs old and when he goes I don"t think I will be far behind him, another bully would not be the same. You can"t explaine to someone how these guys take your heart . He has changed my life in many ways, but most of all taught me how to Love.
EXACTLY. They are not just dogs or just a pet. They become a part of you. An unconditional love.

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=685]Chewysdaddy[/MENTION]

I think this is a normal feeling. My jake (shih tzu) I had for 12 year and he was my baby. I had bought my brussells when Jake was still alive. 10 days later Jake got hit by a car and died! He was old and he had been attacked by a big dog and I think that really took a toll on his. He was acting weird and he really didn't like the new puppy. I actually think if he didn't get hit by the car I was going to be told by the vet to maybe put him down or he wold have died in my house, one of the 2....he was a very smart dog and never went on the road and for some reason he kept wanting outside that day. My aunt and my mom were watching him because he loved my aunt and we have a thanksgiving to go to that was in the same town. Anyway I felt after her died that I couldn't bind with my puppy. I almost resented him because Jake didn't care for him and I wondered if Jake got even more sick because we got a new hyper puppy! Anyway as time goes on the feeling change and you will soon find the same bond with your new puppy as you did with Rocco. It has been 4 years since my Jake passed and now I see a lot of Jake in my Cooper. Something about his eyes! It is hard to move on when you lose something so close to your heart and you feel guilty for being happy and loving something new. But that just means you have a good strong heart! Love the new name!!! Chewy will soon be "that dog" FYI I like the name chewy lol that is my little brothers nick name

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online