Bulldog Songs

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
The noises our bullies make is so comforting to us. Sometimes people say, "I heard they snore a lot." To that I say, "They are songs not snores." I am so in love with all of their sounds...snorfles, ruffles, purrs. A friend of mine actually recorded them. I think bullies are unique in this way, among many others!

Blitzburggirl

Feb 21, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
You are so right. A friend of mine babysat Paisley over Christmas (nearly 3 weeks!!)

She lost her husband in Afghanistan a few years ago, and said that she loved napping with Paisley because her snores reminded her of him. Nothing is more soothing that the sound of Paisley sleeping :) And, she makes the cutest little whirring sounds, instead of growls or barks. The house is just too quiet for me, when she's not there.

OP
ollieivy

ollieivy

Feb 26, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver and Ivy Claire
I also love their warning barks, which are not really barks but kind of a "boof" sort of noise.

mommydanford

Feb 21, 2012
Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly May Giggles, Mister Moe Wrinkles, Lil' Miss Jitterbug Wiggles and Calling All Angels Trudeaux
Molly also makes the cutest noises when she sleeps, and I am the only one in the family who likes to hear her. She is actually laying on my bed right now snoring away. It did take her a while to find her voice and even though she is so gentle, she can really let out a ferocious bark when someone knocks on the door or she hears a strange noise. She does kind of a howl bark but she sounds like a huge dog when she does it.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Me too! I just love all the sounds my Usko makes and there is many different ones. I almost get worried if he's not making any sound.

Georgiasmom

Feb 3, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
Georgia's snore helps me get through this deployment with my husband. :( She sleeps in a crate in our room but it helps relax me and make me feel like he is there with me. My favorite ones are when she is on the couch and has been running all over crazy. I whisper the song "Georgia on my mind" to her and she falls asleep in my arms. :lazy2:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The noises our bullies make is so comforting to us. Sometimes people say, "I heard they snore a lot." To that I say, "They are songs not snores." I am so in love with all of their sounds...snorfles, ruffles, purrs. A friend of mine actually recorded them. I think bullies are unique in this way, among many others!

I could not agree more..... music to my ears

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.