Questions from strangers

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION], wasn't it you who once told someone who was too curious that Jake was mixed, so they left you alone?

I thought that was a perfect response to a rude stupid, and perhaps even dangerous question.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@JAKEISGREAT , wasn't it you who once told someone who was too curious that Jake was mixed, so they left you alone?

I thought that was a perfect response to a rude stupid, and perhaps even dangerous question.

:yes: That was me..on a pretty deserted trail by myself! Never saw them again..so guess they didn't want my "mutt"!!!

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Usually people are making jokes about how "pretty" they are or just want to touch them and are too bowled over to think about the price (or too nice to ask!)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I have been asked lots of times and it still annoys the hell out of me. But what worse is when friends that make fun of you or make snide comments like, "you could have gone to Hawaii for that." Well with Arnold I dont have to wear a swim suit so in my world he is way better, lol!! I also like to play it low key and was warned my one of my psychiatrist to not advertise that a "bulldog lives here" to prevent theft. But in theory, bulldogs are not much more than some of the new designer dogs, such as labradoodles that start around $1600 around here!!

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
My family and friends couldn't believe I paid that much for my Tessie girl but I don't care. I told them its my money!! Haters!!! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Yeah it seems I cannot have her seen by a new person without being asked the price. Even when I posted pictures on my facebook of her for the first time I had about 3 people ask me how much she cost. Very rude. I don't walk around asking people how much their parked cars cost. :nonono:

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
So glad I read this post earlier, before Tank and I took our first outing to PetSmart. He was really sweet and of course, had quite few people come up to see him and sure enough, at least three people hinted for his cost and one came right out and asked, saying she had always wanted a bulldog. I was fully prepared thanks to this forum and just said "he wasn't cheap, but was worth it!" :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I have taken Watson to the places like that all the time but I have not been asked that question. Maybe people in Charleston don't bring up those kinds of questions :D

They do tell me how big he is all the time:eek:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I always like "how much did your kid cost?"

I

ImAGuinneyPig

I always like "how much did your kid cost?"

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] - LOL! I have to try this one

I've gotten this question many times. I always say "If you want a healthy dog, they aren't cheap"

It bothers me, and I do find it very rude that people ask. But I'm never rude in return. Everyone is raised with different values.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
With Stiggy I say we got him on sale, which is true in a way, but never really give a straight answer. I also add, it really depends on the breeder. With Punkin, we just say he's from a friend and don't really know if he's purebred or not, which is true too.

I had to mention to my bf not to mention the price too seeing there's some sketchy strangers here. But if they're good friends of mine or have seen them around the neighbourhood with the doggies and make small talk every time we see each other, then we don't mind telling the truth. But those people rarely ask anyways, which is nice.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Tell them "When you're rich you don't think about such trivial matters" :laugh:

C

Cooper11

Or you can say enough that I had to put him on my home owners insurance! Actually I seriously considered this! :tease:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.