Protein

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
What's some good protein to feed my EB? She's 5 months old a kind of on the petite side.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
At this age, I would switch to adult food, a grain free food with a red meat base from roast's not meal. For instance, beef, bison or venison. Fromm Beef Fritata, or Taste of the Wild Prairie check the food ratings here on EBN and then Pet Flow will have all those foods and the ingredients. I started all my bully's on adult food at 5 to 6 months old. three times a day, at a year old two times a day. If your pup is undersized, give a little more.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] gave you great info.... I'm tagging [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] as she may have some additional advice for you

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sherry has it pretty well covered. there are kibbles that have higher protein or were you going to cook something. boiled chicken and lowfat hamburger may help with the kibble. there are canned food used as topper to help. yes raw is another road. i feed mine grandma lucys freeze dried with my kibble. if you just up how much you are feeding as long as tummy is ok that should help to.

karenben

Apr 18, 2011
uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Hilda
add green tripe to her feed it will bulk her out,but given genetics she may be a petite bulldog ,not all bulldogs a big and bulky ,she will fill out shes still a baby and has plenty of time ,karen

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] [MENTION=2242]karenben[/MENTION] I will keep those thing in mind.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.