Bully Play

C

Cooper11

My mom brings Gracie over every day to play and well I guess to see her grandkids too :) (gracie and Coop are bro and sis). They play and they play and then Garcie will be the big momma girl she is and run to the couch and want on my moms lap. Then from there Cooper will come over on the floor and they go at it with one of the ground and the other on the couch. I think Gracie feels like she is the boss when she is hovering over him on the couch. She is stuck to my mom like glue. When my leaves the house she will sit by the door and whine and wait for her...can you say spoiled! Any to my question they play really good together and I know bully play is a lot different than others breeds play. They usually go at each others face non stop. Those of you with 2 bullies...do you let them play however they want or do you have to break them up sometimes...Sometimes I think one will get mad and start going at the other and I will yell and so no and then the next time you look at them they will be kissing each other. I am seriously afraid one might lose and eye but it is just the way bullies play.....Just really wanting to know if I should break them up or if you think it is all play. They are best buds and have never attacked each other in a mean way but they do get an attitude if one is being more dominant than the other.

gracie also has always been one to not share! It is rather funny cause she will steal bones and toys from the other dogs and when they come and even look at her she is growling for them to stay away. She has never went at them just growls and now she has taught Cooper to do the same thing. Is this normal?

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
My 2 are the same way. When they play it looks like they're going at each others throats! Well, it looks like Lilly is doing that more so than Bruin. She's the bossy one. She'll take toys away from Bruin, but if Bruin even thinks of going to get them from her, watch out. It does get a little out of control though. Sometimes, I can't take it and yell no. I'm not really sure if that kind of play is ok to tolerate. I suppose to a degree.:unsure: anyone else?

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Hey I have Brutus 8mnths almost 9 3/4/12 :) and Chanel (pitbull) <---- doesn't play fight like Brutus ! He thinks he is the pitbull and she acts scared! She knows I'm the leader of our pack and she looks to me to see what to do and I correct him when he gets to rough! If they have a fight it could be deadly to Brutus so therefore play fighting is not allowed in our home! They still do it but we are always monitoring and correcting when needed! They have learned how to play and understand their position! I always belivied play fighting was one trying to show dominance! We all have diff thoughts on it as well! Cooper and Gracie are lucky to have you and ur mom for keeping them together! Brutus had his sister for 2 mnths before she moved to Portugal :(

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659013,-74.233539

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
My two play fight all the time! And you describes how mine fight, but I have one frenchie. But she plays the same way and grabs his face but then one second later he will have her pinned down. It's hilarious to watch but someone is always with them incase it becomes serious! But I would let them play like they are.

And with the toy thing, my frenchie does the same thing. She growls at Gio if he comes near her when she has a toy but won't actually attack. Gio never did that but now if she goes near him when he has a frisbie (his favorite toy) he growls! They seem to learn bad habits from each other, never good habits!:D

OP
C

Cooper11

My two play fight all the time! And you describes how mine fight, but I have one frenchie. But she plays the same way and grabs his face but then one second later he will have her pinned down. It's hilarious to watch but someone is always with them incase it becomes serious! But I would let them play like they are.

And with the toy thing, my frenchie does the same thing. She growls at Gio if he comes near her when she has a toy but won't actually attack. Gio never did that but now if she goes near him when he has a frisbie (his favorite toy) he growls! They seem to learn bad habits from each other, never good habits!:D

Funny!!! At least I know mine aren't the only ones with bad habits!! :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That is all typical bully play.... all noise and no touching... mouths wide open and nothing but slobber.

OP
C

Cooper11

:) Ok! Well it makes me feel better but some times I think they are going to rip each others heads off. At certain points they act like they are mad if one keeps going and the other wants a break! :eek::bitchslap:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
It's funny cause my baby is the instigator and finisher! My Chanel just gives up and lays down Brutus just keeps going and going he is def a EB! Energizer Battery lol I'm so corny I made myself crack up laughing haha :Silly:

OP
C

Cooper11

It's funny cause my baby is the instigator and finisher! My Chanel just gives up and lays down Brutus just keeps going and going he is def a EB! Energizer Battery lol I'm so corny I made myself crack up laughing haha :Silly:

lol...are you the one that posted a pic of your pit getting your EB out of the kennel and finding them sleeping together?

SDxBuLLiSHDoG

Feb 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
First Lady Hennessy aka SySy
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION], that description makes me jealous. I'd like to see SySy playing with another EBD. I'm looking forward to doing a few meetups with local bully owners to see just that. lucky you :yes:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
My Frenchton Louie and BabyGirl do the face biting thing. I just observe and monitor because Louie kept putting his penis in her face (Louie is a perv) and she started to bite it. (Sounds funny I know). Well I kind of let it go but one day I noticed the floor had bloody smears so I put a stop to that business. The blood was coming from his penis. They still do the face biting and wrestle a little bit but if it escalates to the point where BabyGirl starts to get p****d off (I can tell because the hair on her back raises up) I distract them by taking them outside or do some basic lessons which means they're going to get cheese treats. Sadly Wilson and Louie never play. Louie is too insecure and only sees Wilson as a threat. Now Wilson has learned to treat Louie the same way as he is treated (as a threat). [MENTION=4081]mcraven2[/MENTION] is right about learning the bad habits from each other. Many years ago I had two Labs and one always learned the bad habits of the other.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.