Dog booties?

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Does anyone use booties on their pups?

I'm up in Rochester and the winter is being funky. One day its sunny and spring like, the next it's a blizzard! We love taking Elli out for walks but around here they use obnoxious amounts of salt! I'm trying to decide if I should get some or just let her be.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330094661.576189.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1330094661.576189.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 116
I

ImAGuinneyPig

I just use these disposable rubber booties on Guinness because of the salt called Pawz. They are cheap and do the trick. I get the blue size for her. I always say that in the winter, we walk on salt, not sidewalks in downtown Toronto. It's awful, and Guinness has gotten sores from the salt even with my diligent paw wiping :D

http://pawzdogboots.com/

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Lola scrapes her toenails when she takes walks so we have two sets of booties, one is muttlucks and is the sturdier of the two. we have a fabric bootie that we use in our muddy backyard but im planning on getting those little rubber balloon type ones the next time i head to global pet foods for some kibble. lola doesnt mind the booties at all but it does take a while to put them on.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Those r what i or for jameson the rubber booties..course it hasnt snowed since but i have em ready

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We tried them once... Nitschke would not move

12126023.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
That's a great picture! I could just imagine what she's thinking! "are you serious you think I'm gonna walk around in this yeah right! Better chance at me running the mile! Ha! :ROFL:

It you like that one.... check out this one -- poor guy was so screaming - HELP ME!! BTW - this was all Lewis ,, I was not on board, which is why my sweet boy was looking at me for help.

12126020.jpg

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] those pictures of Nitschke are adorable.

I tried booties on Muggs, my second Bulldog. It took me much longer to put them on than it took him to take them off! We walk our boys on roads they don't put chemical on!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama those pictures of Nitschke are adorable.

Thanks, Alice. He was only 7 months old there and NOT happy in the least. He did not even try to take them off, just would not move

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Has anyone else used the PAWZ booties that [MENTION=4090]ImAGuinneyPig[/MENTION] mentioned? One of Bruin's paws starts to get a litle bloody when we go out in the snow every once in a while and I was hoping to put these on him. They seem quick to put on and I've seen alot of good reviews.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
Schultz tolerates the Mukklaks but I have to keep him moving or he tries to free his front paws with his mouth. Salt and ice melters are very harsh on the feet...so booties are worth it if your bully will put up with wearing them.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Schultz tolerates the Mukklaks but I have to keep him moving or he tries to free his front paws with his mouth. Salt and ice melters are very harsh on the feet...so booties are worth it if your bully will put up with wearing them.

I was looking at those too. I've tried the paw tectors brand and they were absolutely awful. Couldn't even get them on. They didn't want to bend.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
(Fortunately? ) Where I live it is so cold there is hardly ever any salt used, just sand. And the sidewalks are just tamped down snow. I do not use booties if the temp is above -10 C. But if it is colder Miss Tallulah will lift her paws because it is too cold for her feet. So she has a sheepskin lined parka and booties. Size medium from Petland. They have a sock like top and a waterproof shell with a suede bottom for gripping the snow. They fasten with Velcro that you wrap around the top of the boot just before the sock part. They stay on pretty well but I still look down to check and make sure one has not come off which happened once- I did not make the one that came off snug enough. She squirms and she makes it difficult to put the front ones on and just after I put them on she walks really bizarre - like a wooden Bulldog. But as soon as she is outside she forgets they are on and walks just fine.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox

mukklaks are the best quality that we've found. two Winters so far. they will take a walk or two to break in..but worth the cost.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.