I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ashley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bruin & Lilly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog booties?

Quote Originally Posted by Saalwi View Post
    Schultz tolerates the Mukklaks but I have to keep him moving or he tries to free his front paws with his mouth. Salt and ice melters are very harsh on the feet...so booties are worth it if your bully will put up with wearing them.
    I was looking at those too. I've tried the paw tectors brand and they were absolutely awful. Couldn't even get them on. They didn't want to bend.
    "The greatness of a nation and it's moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sharon
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Miss Tallulah and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Dog booties?

(Fortunately? ) Where I live it is so cold there is hardly ever any salt used, just sand. And the sidewalks are just tamped down snow. I do not use booties if the temp is above -10 C. But if it is colder Miss Tallulah will lift her paws because it is too cold for her feet. So she has a sheepskin lined parka and booties. Size medium from Petland. They have a sock like top and a waterproof shell with a suede bottom for gripping the snow. They fasten with Velcro that you wrap around the top of the boot just before the sock part. They stay on pretty well but I still look down to check and make sure one has not come off which happened once- I did not make the one that came off snug enough. She squirms and she makes it difficult to put the front ones on and just after I put them on she walks really bizarre - like a wooden Bulldog. But as soon as she is outside she forgets they are on and walks just fine.

“Happiness is a warm puppy.”
    Charles M. Schulz

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Saalwi View Post
    Schultz tolerates the Mukklaks but I have to keep him moving or he tries to free his front paws with his mouth. Salt and ice melters are very harsh on the feet...so booties are worth it if your bully will put up with wearing them.
    mukklaks are the best quality that we've found. two Winters so far. they will take a walk or two to break in..but worth the cost.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads