olde english v english bull

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
Now - i adopted a large English Bulldog that is five years of age. Have AKC paperwork and lineage. He was given up due to some aggressive behavior and the fear he might injure a toddler.

But, BOY is he large! The AKC does not recognize the Olde English, I know.

So he must be an English, right? The price the guy said he paid is NOT what i've ever seen in an Olde.

I know EB's come pretty small - my other one is maybe 45 or 50.

Any way to really see what the parents looked like? How big are the Oldes? (i know, i know - have to give pics)

C

Cooper11

The Olde seems to be taller...not as chunky as EB.....But EBs can get pretty big. I think there is some one on here that has a male and he weighs 95 lbs!! Olde's are about $1000 where I live and EB are around $2000. So if he is short and stocky and is taller and stocky. I think the Old EB don't have as many health problems and breathing problems....I got this off the internet:
The difference to me: Olde English Bulldogges are free breeders/free whelpers that have clear breathing, and their life expectancy is between 10 to 14 years. Oldes range in height: Males - 18 to 20 inches at the shoulder. Females - 17 to 19 inches at the shoulder. Oldes ideal weight: Between 50 to 70 lbs. for females and 65 to 85 lbs. for males. Oldes are very intelligent, and very eager to please their people. I own 4 Oldes, when we decided to get a 'bulldog' we researched several alternatives, several bully breeds-and found the Olde to be right for our family. You will not be disappointed if your little guy is an Olde rather than an "akc" bulldog. FYI-it can take up to age 3 before the bullies fully mature into what they will look like for the rest of their lives (jowls, ears, head shape, etc.) Either way, you will have a solid companion.

But Yes lets see some pics!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: They do come in all sizes. Even 100 lbs isn't unheard of, but also I don't think all that common. Our princess is a tiny 40 lbs. But we have a few girls that are even smaller here.

C

Cooper11

:welcome: They do come in all sizes. Even 100 lbs isn't unheard of, but also I don't think all that common. Our princess is a tiny 40 lbs. But we have a few girls that are even smaller here.
Pretty sad when my chunker is 7 months and is 40 lbs already!!!! You wanna trade? :tease: I was hoping he stayed on the smaller side cuz his momma was 35 lbs but his daddy is 65! I love him regardless of how big he is! But I will miss it if I can't pick him up if he gets to be 70 lbs!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] no deal. We love our little princess just the way she is.

It pulls on a small abdominal hernia I have just trying to lift her. No way I could lift a bigger one.

valleygirl214

Jun 9, 2011
Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Valentine and Dolly
They can come in all sizes. Our deceased girl was 90lbs (though she was overweight at that point) and taller than an EB.

Our 1 year old OEB is 42lbs and the same height as our EB. She's just not as stocky. Her dad is AKC EB and her mom is EB and American Bulldog...she's 65lbs. Our girl is taking after dad...she's a mini! Very athletic though...she hikes, runs, and loves exercise and snow.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Mine are ebs and really tall. As a foster mom I have seen them all sizes.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
olde-english-bulldog-1.jpg

I think they look more like a Mastiff / Pit Bull mix. Who would resist them? They're adorable of course!

OP
L

luvdogz

Apr 28, 2011
i need to weigh him but i'm betting 60/65/70 - no, not even close to 100.................

the guy said he paid 2800!! I felt like saying , "sucker!"............ OK, i'll do another thread with his pics. He's to be neutered in a week.

But thanks guys, yes i guess he's just a BIG eb.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online