Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for female bully owners?

Cooper11

Default Question for female bully owners?

Gracie got fixed today...I was wondering for all you female bully owners who also had their little girls fixed, did the vet send you home with antibiotics or pain meds??? Did she stay over night. My mom just picked gracie up, she had surgery today and they allowed he to pick her up today because we are getting a snow storm and they didn't give her anything. One of her litter mates was fixed a few weeks ago and they sent a pain pack home with her....Just wondering if my vet is wrong for not sending any??

And she is throwing up is this normal???
    Last edited by Cooper11; 02-23-2012 at 06:54 PM.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Question for female bully owners?

We had a pain med (dermaxx?)....I can't remember about the antibiotic. I'm confusing the meds from her eye & spay surgery. I would keep an eye on her. You may need to call the vet if she seems to be hurting. Penny did really well with her recovery. I'm glad Gracie's surgery went well & wish her a quick & easy recovery!!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

usually a pain med. I dont think they got an antibiotic. Definitely call the vet if she seems to be hurting

Cooper11

Thank You! I am a worry wart! The vet we go to I have gone to them for a long time, I just don't know how familiar they are with EB! My mom says she seems really sore, walking around like she just had babies. And then started throwing up. She asked them if they were sending pain meds home and they said no....So I feel bad for miss Gracie! I told my mom to lock her in the kennel so she will just lay there. I am sure she is getting extra TLC from my mom!

Bulldog Vet in Training Bizzymammabee's Avatar
    Real Name
    Beth
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Raven (2011-2016), Tyson & Bella
    Likes (Received)

How could they not give her some pain meds...poor baby. I just discussed Ravens spay with our vet and he said she would be coming home with pain meds and some antibiotics. I would try to get her to relax a bit so she can heal, at least for today. Good idea to crate her.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Cleo, Biggy, Pickles, Deebo, Hoss
    Likes (Received)

Hello- my vet has had me give my female children's tylenol. Worked great and keep her on bland diet. Cottage cheese

Bulldog(s) Names
    Brooklyn and Franklin
    Likes (Received)

My vet did send us home with an antibiotic but only because she has a small skin thing going on and she didn't want it to spread to the incision site. She received no pain meds, which I asked the vet about and she said they try not to because if they have pain meds they'll run around like normal and could tear a stitch since they can't feel the pain. Brooke also had a bad reaction to the anesthesia and she was throwing up, not eating or drinking, and having diarhea for the first day so we gave her the bland diet (rice and chicken) with some pepto bismal on top. Her diarrhea stopped and she returned to her normal self within s few days. Brooke did not stay overnight either.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by linda4568 View Post
    Hello- my vet has had me give my female children's tylenol. Worked great and keep her on bland diet. Cottage cheese
    Yes I did tell my mom to give her children Tylenol if she thinks she is really hurting. I had to give Coop some when he had a sore tooth. I just don't know if she will keep it down because she has been throwing up!

Cooper11

@Sarah Thank You!!!! You made me feel a little better. I was more worried about the throwing up and he getting really sick. That was pretty much our vets reasoning too..but I think that they should give you some and just tell you to kennel her so she won't run around. When my cooper was fixed you couldn't even tell he acted normal, but I think girls being spade is a lot different and a lot harder on them! Thank You again I will tell my mom about the bland diet! She said she is having trouble going to the bathroom because, of course, we had to get a big snow storm today/tonight and i think the snow is touching her incision and bothering her. Can't shovel much because it is still snowing! She usually loves the snow too! Poor Baby!
    Thank You everyone!!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I read here another time that the throwing up can be common at first.

HRH had hernia surgery (ended up being fairly extensive repair work) and teeth cleaning at the same time shortly after we got her. Our vet had her on antibiotics a week before surgery because of the teeth cleaning. And did send pain meds home after, and instructions to keep her as quiet as possible for a few days.

Cooper11

Thank ya thank ya!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 ... how is she doing today?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads