SySy so soo excited??!!...

SDxBuLLiSHDoG

Feb 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
First Lady Hennessy aka SySy
so I have a problem... but not a problem in a sense that SySy deserves to be punished. everyday when I get home she is soo soo happy to see me as I am with her. she just loves to greet me or shall I say... she loves me to greet her as she rolls onto her backside wishing her tum tum to be rubbed which I happily oblige. I mean I can't resist spoiling this little girl....

now... while she's on her back she tends to tinkle :bully:. anybody else run into this situation? will she eventually grow out of it?

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4343]SDxBuLLiSHDoG[/MENTION] Yes!!! My moms female does the same thing when she is very excited. I took her to the vet the other day and when we were walking out of the room she was so excited to see the receptionists she tinkled on the floor. I think some grow out of it. Gracie doesn't do it as often as she use to. Now it is just every once in awhile. Cooper I noticed he maybe did it once or twice but he will also tinkle if he thinks he is n trouble. For instance he potty on the floor and I went over to him telling him it was naughty and went to pick him up to put him outside and he started shooting at me :stop: :lmao: My brussells griffen was the same way also when he got into trouble he would squirt :D:DI do think some grow out of it but I also did research on it and had seen something on Animal Planet that it is something they can't control and it may be something you are just going to have to deal with. They also one way to try to stop it is, don't give her attention when you get home right away. Kinda go on with what you are doing...putting keys away....going into kitchen to get a drink and then after she settles down give her acknowledgement. I think I saw that On the Nanny pet show :tongue:
So hopefully with her being so little she will grow out of it! Good Luck!!!

OP
SDxBuLLiSHDoG

SDxBuLLiSHDoG

Feb 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
First Lady Hennessy aka SySy
Thanks for the response Cooper11. I thought about not trying to give her some much attention upon arriving home but she is so full of energy running around looking for acknowledgement I just can't help myself. Get this... one of my first days with her I was carrying her inside petco. gal at the register couldn't help herself to take a look at SySy and of course I was proud of my baby. Next thing I know, walking along the lanes with my gf and carrying SySy, my gf points out the fact that SySy has tinkled on me and my work clothes not necessarily needing my gf to clarify fully as I could feel it running. Couldn't help but laugh about it now :laugh:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Put her outside to potty, then after she tinkles give those belly rubs. She will quickly learn the routine.

C

Cooper11

I know!!! Their chunky butts are too cute to ignore! It would be hard for me to! :) But maybe after just a few times she will stop. I know when she did it at the vet I was laughing and kinda embarrassed for her! :eek: But just means they are that excited to see you!:D

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
yes! titan use to do this as a puppy. as soon as you walked in the door he rolled over...you didn't have time to grab him to get him outside...when he would roll over he would start to pee. being a boy it would shoot in the air...i learned quickly to avoid him after he got me one day. he grew out of it

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HAPPY Piddles.... yes, the grow out of them.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.