Poop a day!!!

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Okay this might be a weird ? But how often should my EB puppy be pooping a day. Tess is 4 months old so I'm thinking 5-6 times. Is that to much??

C

Cooper11

[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION] That does sound like a lot of :poo:!:D Are these like 5-6 separate times or does she poo and then poos again in a different spot. Cooper will poop a load and then go poop another load in a different spot. Coop is almost 7 months and I think he goes :poo: about maybe 3 times a day. I don't really watch but I know I am picking up a lot of poop outside!!:barf: Now that I think about it my little Cooper might have pooped quite a bit when he was a baby baby! When you gotta go you gotta go. I think 5-6 isn't bad. You just got a :poo: machine. I wouldn't worry about it unless it is loose stools or an odd color. If they are solid good poops then good for her!!:D

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Maybe I'm feeding her to much. Is a one cup a dry and 1/2 cup can twice a day for a 4 month old to much???

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
doesnt sound like too much. Like Cooper11 mentioned, as long as they are firm, you are okay.
Is this top quality kibble.? I know with the better quality foods, your Pup will be pooping less. Its seems their bodies absords all the good nutrients and thus have much less poop....

C

Cooper11

Go off what the bag says for the amount...goes by age and weight. Doesn't sound like your feeding him too much at all!

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
5-6 big poops or 5-6 little poops?

The thing to watch for - is he gaining weight? If he's not, then he might not be processing his food - just sending them out the chute...

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake pooed a lot when he was younger too..and until I figured out chicken was a no no! He is just now starting to go 2 times a day and there's no guarantee with that!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will poop a lot when they are young, I call them little pooping machines. As he gets older it will slow down to about 2 a day.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As a puppy... it is normal to go 5-6 little :poo: a day.... as they get older it will lessen to one or two a day

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.