Teething...

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Being a new EB owner I have no clue about teething. Please help with any information!

C

Cooper11

@Sybil76 How old is your EB? My puppy started losing his teeth 4 months. And you will notice those little sharp things gone. Gracie's just fell out and one of Coopers was like stuck in his mouth. It was turning a really dark color and his tear stains showed up at that time too. I could tell it was hurting him because he laid around a lot and was mopey. My sister has her BSN and told me to give him some children tyenol so I did (1ml) and it seems to help him a little. I did read that sometimes the teeth get stuck and the vet has to pull them, so of course I took it upon myself and yanked the thing out. It didn't hurt him and I think he felt a lot better. am not telling you do this by any means lol My vet said I probably really didn't need to do it, it probably would have fallen out. My Cooper was very hyper and a biter up until around 4 months also. He has mellowed out so much and is just a really laid back bully now at almost 7 months. I know a lot of EB owners are against bones but I do give my bully bones. I just get bigger ones and watch hm and when they are to the point or close to the point where he can swallow it or if he gets a chunk off I take it away. He LOVES bones! People on here have suggested deer or elk antlers...I have not purchased those yet but I am planning on it. Is there any one thing you are wondering about teething??

Last edited:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION] Yes I totally agree with [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] my Brutus was 4months when he started losing teeth! I was actually finding them around the house :) lol It sometimes is painful and you will notice them wanting to chew more on different things! I would freeze some of his toys and it seemed to help! You def should keep an eye on his teeth to ensure they aren't infected/injured! Sometimes puppy's can injure their teeth playing! Hope this helps!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=40.659013,-74.233539

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Nylabones are great..you can get smaller ones to use while he is younger..I've heard of freezing wet rags and letting them chew on it..supervised, of course, helps a lot!

Last edited:

Autzz

Dec 29, 2011
Manchester NH
Bulldog(s) Names
Elli
Elli has been losing her teeth now for a couple weeks and she is more than likely swallowing them like most dogs. She just is way more drooly and I let her gnaw on my fingers sometimes and it's dripping with drool. My sister gave Elli a piece of scrap leather since I don't have leather around being vegan. Elli loves it and spends hours chewing on it.

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
Is it weird that I didn't find 1 tooth anywhere and never saw any missing teeth in their mouths? I guess I never thought of it before, because there were never any problems...chewing things they shouldn't, but that's about it. Is that horrible that I didn't notice or find any?

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I never saw ANY of Brooklyn's teeth ever!! I actually was looking for them too and never found any. Never saw them in his poop either!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You don't usually see them! The mostly get swallowed! I saw About 5 or 6 I saved them! Lol

I still have about 7 or 8 of Banks'.... Nitschke was 5 months when we got him and all his baby teeth were gone already

C

Cooper11

I never saw ANY of Brooklyn's teeth ever!! I actually was looking for them too and never found any. Never saw them in his poop either!!!!
Aww your dog has the BESTEST name ever! This my 7 year old daughters name :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Good advice above. You may find blood on various things too. That's a sign that they just lost a tooth. When Jack my non bully was at Petco last year for puppy play groups, one of the other pups there lost a tooth while the two were playing. Well Jack is nearly all white and he looked like he'd been in a fighting ring. I had them get my a rag so I could wash him down he was that red. I was lucky to have caught 5-6 teeth between Wilson and Jack. I saved them too. :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.