Heavy Cargo!

C

Cooper11

I had read a post about a EB owner and her spoiled Bully and her having to carry him and some of you said you cant even lift your bully up and some said they held theirs like she did.........I am wondering how everyone gets their Bullies in the car:eek:! I have an SUV and my hubby has a truck and there is no way Cooper is jumping in the truck, possibly maybe he can learn to jump in the SUV but not sure! Just wondering how you all get your tanks :sarcastic: in the car! Cooper loves to go bye bye but he is still a pup, well a big pup but I can still pick him up. Don't know what I am going to do if he gets huge!:perturbed:

Jack Daniels

Community Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Miami Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack Daniels
I use about a 4 foot long 1"x6" wood plank..
I've also rigged up a pully system inside my car so I help him up my pulling on the rope... pulley.JPG

I've been thinking about an electric ramp but it may not work well with the aesthtics of my G37... :(

Last edited:

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
We aren't as crafty as Jack Daniels so we just lift Frank up. We can both lift him....however sometimes catching him is the problem!

OP
C

Cooper11

We aren't as crafty as Jack Daniels so we just lift Frank up. We can both lift him....however sometimes catching him is the problem!
I know what you are saying. Cooper wants to go bye bye but when I go to pick him up he runs from me or goes under the car! My brussells is really bad at that so he doesn't get to go in the car very much cuz it take like an hour to catch him!
Question how to I hyperlink or whatever it is called your name instead I usually just quote people cause I don't know how to mention! :p

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I know what you are saying. Cooper wants to go bye bye but when I go to pick him up he runs from me or goes under the car! My brussells is really bad at that so he doesn't get to go in the car very much cuz it take like an hour to catch him!
Question how to I hyperlink or whatever it is called your name instead I usually just quote people cause I don't know how to mention! :p

Ha! Yeah, Frank hates going into the car too. Don't know why...he just ends up sleeping instantly.
Quoting is fine...the only way I know to mention someone is to type their username with @ in front of it. For instance: [MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION]

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
You can mention using the mention tags like this but without the spaces: [ MENTION ] put the user name here then [ /MENTION ] This works if the user has a space in their name. If there's no space in their name then you can just write their name with an @ before it and that works just as well.

Bully loves to ride cars but yes, she can't get in without help so she usually sticks her head through the door of the van with her chest touching the runner waiting for help, so I just lift up her chest to get her front paws in, then lift her hips to get the rest of her in.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I just pick little miss Skinny Butt up and toss her 40 pounds in the car. Glad we don't have a 60-70 pounder. :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
I just pick little miss Skinny Butt up and toss her 40 pounds in the car. Glad we don't have a 60-70 pounder. :)

Yeah, we got a sixty-five-pounder most of which is in the chest area... I have to make sure a bend my knees to lift otherwise I'll have a backache all day long... I think this slug needs to lose some weight! My husband says she's just fine as she is... He likes big butts and he cannot lie... Eek! I made another lousy joke. Lol.

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
we count to 3 and then they give a little jump and i lift him up by the back of his harness. the same with getting out of the car...grab the back of the harness to support him going down. they both do some work to help up. once in a while they will be stubborn and put their front paws in the car and won't jump...when this happens i put both hands under their butt and back legs and lift...they use my hands and arms as a step of sorts. they are both 65 and 70 pounds

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We lift ours into and out of the back of the SUV. I would not let them jump out because they may hurt themselves.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
They do make cargo ramps to accessorize SUV's and I saw some at fosters and smith. There are often links to F&S on the google ads. If you go there clicking on the links you help support EBN :yes:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I have an SUV as well and he jumps on the floor of the car then jumps on the seat, he also hops out as well. But he only weighs 50lbs so I can also lift him up.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.