Eating Grass for Sour Belly

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I never seen anything like it ! Griz eating grass like a ravenous goat or sheep. Yesterday, Griz and Peggy Sue both had sour, belly ache. Lots of belching, farting and eventually throwing up. Supper was at 4 pm. that didn't go too well. They started eating grass like crazed vegans. (sorry if that offends anyone, not meant to) Any how one of them tossed the dinner I fed them. The other 3 critters had no problems. So I'm thinking I hope nobody would be dumb enough to toss something over the fence that made them sick? Griz started partaking in the lawn like he couldn't get it fast enough. Tearing it up till it looked like he gained 20 pounds. He had his bottom lip red and sore. Bulging out the sides like he's ready to bust. It scarred the hell out of me. Not to mention my hubs. Jay was ready to call the emergency vet! Not so fast I said. jeesh. lets just watch and see. WELL, :fart: the smell that came from the other end of that boy was enough to choke a horse. :bad: After all my "research" sites say; some dogs will do this to the extreme. Don't panic, they know what they are doing. Humph. No more :barf: , just lots and lots of :fart:

Today, both are fine and looks like nothing is wrong.

and by the way, hubs was out in the yard with a flash light last night :detective: nothing to add.

Poppy

Dec 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy, Bunk
I've seen some dogs do this to settle their stomach or make themselves puke.

My male bully does this neurotically. There is nothing wrong with him, he just is obsessed with eating grass when he's nervous. It's very annoying, I feel your pain!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I've seen some dogs do this to settle their stomach or make themselves puke.

My male bully does this neurotically. There is nothing wrong with him, he just is obsessed with eating grass when he's nervous. It's very annoying, I feel your pain!!

Ditto with Banks. Nitshcke used to lick the grass --- OCD!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo likes to graze like a cow. Bea does it - but not like Bo does. He really goes to town and I usually have to just cut him off. It's only CERTAIN kinds of wide leaf grass too.....

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.