New Puppy coming soon!

C

Cooper11

What size crate in dimensions is big enough to buy?
Crate for large breeds is your best bet. I am on my 3rd crate!!!! I went from puppy small to medium and now a large. My large kennel says for large breed example dalmatian. 36x25x27 is the measurement of mine. Coop is 6 months old and he weighs over 40 lbs! He has plenty of room in there to grow. There is quite a big jump in size from a medium to large! You could get an extra large but those are HUGE!! Depending on the size of your house I guess!

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Love new puppy people! When we got Brooklyn at 8 weeks, we lived in an apartment on the 2nd floor..... I probably lost a billion lbs from carrying the pup down the stairs and outside to across the street grass area 18 times a day!!!! But he did fine with it-sometimes he would pee on the way if I wasn't physically holding him but oh well!

Then we bought the porch potty and I think that saved our life!!! It was expensive but went on the balcony outside and Brooklyn loved it cuz it was right there and he would go as he pleased!youre going to have accidents no matter what but they pick up on it after a while. This was my first dog ever too! And now I want like ten of them cuz he is the best thing ever.

We kept the crate in our room.... He would fall asleep on the bed then I'd put him in his crate and if he cried in the middle of the night I ran downstairs and he would pee and then go back in his crate to sleep. We were lucky Brooklyn wasn't a major crier in the night like stories I've heard. Now he is full on sleeping in our bed and I find myself using all my strength to move him out of the way and I laugh every time!!!!

Good luck with your new little man!!!!!!!!!!!

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
And Brooklyn was neutered a week before his first birthday. Our vet prefers to fix bulldogs when they are a year old. But like everyone says.... Probably doesn't matter. My friend has two bullies and got them done at 5 months and they turned out okay lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs. You little boy is adorable... did not catch if you named him yet??

For the crate.. large breed dog (36 or 42) in your room should be fine, as I lived on a third floor of an apartment building with Nitshcke and he did fine. We also de-balled our boy at 7 months. Our vet said anything 6 months or older, he will not do it any younger than that.

Most Reactions