Diarrhea and Food issue!!!!

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Where to begin. Well Tess has had diarrhea since we had gotten her 3 weeks ago from the pet store. Yeah well I never purchase a pet from a pet store and well never will again but it was love at first sight with Tess. I have taken her number of times to the vet for her diarrhea and she has been checked out for everything. So this last time we went she was put on antibiotic and Science Diet GI food. She was okay during that time but soon as she was done with the antibiotic she right back to diarrhea. So I put her on a bland diet for the mean time until we see the vet again. The vet suggestion maybe her pancreas. Has anyone had her EB with this same problem? We don't know what the breeders were feeding her but the pet store said she came in with a brother well it happens that her brother has the same vet but he doesn't have these same problems. That he is doing great Tess weight has also gone up and down because of this The pet store was feeding her Nutro Ultra puppy food but we didn't think that was a good food for her. We tried Wellness for puppy's but that seem to make things worse. The only pet stores we have here are Petco and Petsmart. I thought about using Blue Buffalo but if anyone else has suggestion? Please help? I'm so clueless at this point. I think the diarrhea has taken over our family lives. :(

C

Cooper11

I feel you! How old is your puppy now? When we first got Gracie and Cooper they loose stools for what seemed like forever. We had to wipe butts every time they came in from doing their business outside. We went to vet and they gave us pills for I don't even remember what they were or for. But they helped for a day and then back to mud pies outside. My pups are 6 months now and probably within the last 2 months has their poop finally became a solid. You probably won't notice a difference if you change foods because It take s a little time for your pup to get use to the food so maybe just give it some time. I know people have recommended pumpkin also. Good Luck and I feel for you :poo: is not fun!

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Tess is 4 months old. I'm hoping this bland diet will help her for a couple of days before I start her on something new. I'm glad I'm not the only who had to deal with this. What do you feed your baby now??

C

Cooper11

Tess is 4 months old. I'm hoping this bland diet will help her for a couple of days before I start her on something new. I'm glad I'm not the only who had to deal with this. What do you feed your baby now??
The breeder had our pups on IAMS and I switched to IVET because that is what I have my brussells griffen on...after coming to this site though I may be switching to one of the foods they suggest. Not sure yet though because so far we are doing better with this food other than we have tear stains....Is your little girl teething at all? I serisouly thought we were going to have to deal with loose stools forever. I had called the breeder and even asked other people who has my little guys siblings. My husband asked me when Cooper was going to start pooping like a big boy :tongue: and i was like I have no clue but I hope soon because going outside and trying to clean up those mud pies was not fun. I think if we try any other dog food I am going to try the fromm. We went out of town for like a day in December and my mom came and let Cooper out. Well needless to say he had the runs all over in the crate so she had to clean it out and then when we got home he had already done it again :barf:! i HATE poop! And I felt embarrassed for my little guy that I had to wipe his butt all the time! I am sure some more people will be popping into your question and will give you better advice than me. But no you little girl is not alone we have been there and done that!

ssesler

Sep 8, 2010
SW Missouri
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Oliver, and Truman
I can totally relate to this. My EB Winston has issues with his pancreas. His issues started with loose stools which progressively got worse and finally was constant diarrhea when he had a bm. He went through a battery of testing, specialty foods, bland diets, pumpkin, you name it, I tried it and nothing worked. Finally he ended up with the diagnosis of pancreatic issue. His condition was confirmed when we gave him Panacare and the diarrhea stopped. It took us a while to find the “magic dosage”. The magic dose for him is 4 Panacare tablets with his morning meal and 3 with his evening meal. (We feed Wellness Core Ocean.) Good luck with your little one! Hopefully you’ll find a resolution soon!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION] -- it could be teething, but it could also be her not being settled in to her new home yet. Try a tablespoon of canned pumpkin (not the pie mix) in her food, it really does help.

My girl has Colitis and the pumpkin helps whenever it flares up, also I recently changed her to Fromm Beef Fritatta.. which has made a world of difference in her :poo: Keep in mind what food is good for one bully may not be for another, but the pumpkin does help all with :poo: issues.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
Thanks everyone for the tips and glad I'm not alone. It ease my mind some.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=4257]Sybil76[/MENTION]

My Bella was exactly like this. The pancreas issue the vet is talking about is most likely EPI. Bella was born with EPI and it took months to figure it out. Consistent diarrhea, yellowish in color....Ferocious appetite and weight loss. I went stir crazy for months and Bella almost died, but finally a result from the TAMU Blood panel. She is on digestive enzymes for life, but will live. she also has to have grain-free foods, limited in Fat, higher in Protein, so it take time to get it under control.

Please go to www.epi4dogs.com and read up on it. I hope I am wrong, but if not there is a huge support for you and I am one of them.

OP
Sybil76

Sybil76

Community Veteran
Feb 7, 2012
Kansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Tess & Rocky
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] what you exactly described sound like what my Tess has. My glad there is support out there because I have no clue how to handle this. If you don't mind if this is what she has I will be asking a lot questions. My vet is getting a call first thing tomorrow morning!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
[MENTION=770]Bella'sMom[/MENTION] what you exactly described sound like what my Tess has. My glad there is support out there because I have no clue how to handle this. If you don't mind if this is what she has I will be asking a lot questions. My vet is getting a call first thing tomorrow morning!

Just keep me updated, I will help you through it.

Georgiasmom

Feb 3, 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Georgia
I am having the issue with my three month old. But someone recommended on here giving her a teaspoon of metamucil clear and natural sugar free. I bought some and used it for two day when i feed her and it has started working. Georgia's poop is now starting to actually form like logs. I am thankful someone gave this information to me. Just wanted to share. Hope you clear it up soon!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.