Any suggestions on a great crate?

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
So as you all know Chaos is a bit of a character. He has hissy fits and when he gets ticked off he kicks his kennel tray out and pees the floor. This isually happens when we leave him for work etc. And honestly i think he does it soon after we leave because his paws are getting somewhat of a yellow color on the white part of his coat :-( He is and has been trained for a while, he just is rebellious to being crated yet we cant give him free roam because he eats everything! Clothes, toys, anything he can. So I was thinking maybe a crate that has no tray to kick out??? Any suggestions or sites where you order kennels....or advice on how to make this behavior stop???? Im at my wits end, not to mention I cant stand the stain on his fur.....makes me feel like a bad momma even though he has a better life than me haha

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
We just have the regular Vari Kennels for our guys.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We got ours from Walmart..same exact as Petco carries..half the price..ASPCA certified...but I have to admit...I shy away from Walmart normally. :blush:

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
We had one from walmart too. The latch on it SUCKS! The Vari Kennel was a hand me down from over 10 years ago and the latch springs perfectly.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Thats where we got his. Wally world. Guess im just gonna have to go look cuz he has the metal kind with the tray and i dont want one with the tray. We replaced the tray once because he chewed it up....literally into pieces and now he is playing pee games

Sarah

Jun 7, 2011
CT
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn and Franklin
Ours is the hard plastic with the metal door, no tray. Look on Craigslist and places like that. Can save you a lot of $$$.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have they type of tray that locks in place with a handle in the front.... they are folding crates made by Midwest

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I said this on another thread.... But ever consider a play pen?! Made a huge difference when we switched Brooklyn from the crate to the pen! He has more room and doesn't feel so confined!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I said this on another thread.... But ever consider a play pen?! Made a huge difference when we switched Brooklyn from the crate to the pen! He has more room and doesn't feel so confined!

I agree Paula..might be worth a try..can use an Xpen..to create a pen.?? Even put his crate inside with open door..then he can come in and out..

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
Chaos can jump over the playpen is what [MENTION=1790]Luvin My Bullie[/MENTION] said in a different thread

Watson

Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Watson
I don't know if he has an xpen or not. Watson has one that is 3ft high and he doesn't even try to escape. I am very happy with it so far. Gives him more room

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I'd pay to see a bully jump out and escape from this pen. It'd be impossible it's twice their height!
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] I did the same thing with my Christmas tree!!!!!!!! And now Brooklyn can free roam so I break the pen into parts and block the stove, coat rack, and tv area. Great investment :)

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
Yeah i agree he wouldnt make that. He can jump the three foot playyard we bougt him. It was another attempt to give him more room than just his kennel. Actually he jumps tyen rolls over the top.. Haha...pretty funny sight :-)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.