Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: treats

Cooper11

Default treats

I am wondering what kind of treats everyone uses. I have bought the Plato Organic chicken and salmon treat...Cooper seems to really like them! But was wondering what other treats people use. Giving Cooper is treat is almost the only way I can get him in the house from outside when it is nice out! Also I give him pig ears (was wondering if these are safe for them) I do really watch him and when it gets to a point when I think he will try to swallow it I will take it from him. A friend with a bully just gave us duck trachea and I have to say the bullies LOVED them and they are big enough I didn't have to worry about him swallowing. Only this is, we don't have a nice pet store like that around he we only have petco and petsmart! So let me know what is your bullies favorite treat or bone! Love to spoil my Cooper and Gracie!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: treats

I personally don't do pigs ears or anything like that. Bullies have such big mouths and throats they Rt safe IMO anyhow. As for treats most of the pups treats r carrots, frozen green beans, banana etc. I only buy actual treats from food brands I trust. I feed Fromm so that is my usual.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Ooh and deer antlers for their chew bones along with nylabones.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Schultz
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We use organic baby carrots and spinach leafs, blueberries and strawberries if they are on sale, and apples. I don't give him anything but Nylabones to chew on.

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog thinks I am ~ author unknown

My Bully Gave Me Wings Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Bev
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I bought a food dehydrator to make Abby's treats myself. With 3 sons and their friends, it's almost impossible to keep fresh fruit in the house. So far I've made her dehydrated banana, apple and even sweet potatoes (she loves those)

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

we give lola hard boiled eggs, chunks of string cheese, frozen green beans, berries from the fridge. we buy wellness treats that are grain free--mostly the venison jerky ones.

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    we give lola hard boiled eggs, chunks of string cheese, frozen green beans, berries from the fridge. we buy wellness treats that are grain free--mostly the venison jer ones.
    Does she get gas with the eggs! I guess I need to learn what people food they can have!! That may be the easiest. All the other breeds I have ever had you were always told not to feed them people food!

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guinness
    Likes (Received)

Guinness eats baby carrots, frozen green beans, cucumbers, pineapple and watermelon

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

@Cooper11 not really gassy with the eggs, we give her one every day for lunch. lola rarely has gas nowadays. i REALLY noticed major stank bum when we were testing out new foods and the acana adult was the culprit, even though lola chose that one to eat when we gave her the option. we didnt stick with acana though heh. it was awful.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

I would not give pig ears, raw hides, or duck trachea, we give only Nylabones and Kongs for them to chew on. We feed FROMM and give FROMM treats as well, plus sometimes banana, blueberries, apple, green beans, and carrots.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Ooh and deer antlers for their chew bones along with nylabones.
    deer antlers????? where do you get those, never heard of them!

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    I would not give pig ears, raw hides, or duck trachea, we give only Nylabones and Kongs for them to chew on. We feed FROMM and give FROMM treats as well, plus sometimes banana, blueberries, apple, green beans, and carrots.
    Oooooooo Cooper is going to be mad with you telling me not to give him pig ears or tracheas! I am going t try the fruits and veggies though! Is there any fruit or veggie they can't have, I have heard they can choke on grapes???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads