treats

C

Cooper11

I am wondering what kind of treats everyone uses. I have bought the Plato Organic chicken and salmon treat...Cooper seems t:Do really like them! But was wondering what other treats people use. Giving Cooper is treat is almost the only way I can get him in the house from outside when it is nice out! Also I give him pig ears (was wondering if these are safe for them) I do really watch him and when it gets to a point when I think he will try to swallow it I will take it from him. A friend with a bully just gave us duck trachea and I have to say the bullies LOVED them and they are big enough I didn't have to worry about him swallowing. Only this is, we don't have a nice pet store like that around he we only have petco and petsmart! So let me know what is your bullies favorite treat or bone! Love to spoil my Cooper and Gracie!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
I personally don't do pigs ears or anything like that. Bullies have such big mouths and throats they Rt safe IMO anyhow. As for treats most of the pups treats r carrots, frozen green beans, banana etc. I only buy actual treats from food brands I trust. I feed Fromm so that is my usual.

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
We use organic baby carrots and spinach leafs, blueberries and strawberries if they are on sale, and apples. I don't give him anything but Nylabones to chew on.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I bought a food dehydrator to make Abby's treats myself. With 3 sons and their friends, it's almost impossible to keep fresh fruit in the house. So far I've made her dehydrated banana, apple and even sweet potatoes (she loves those)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we give lola hard boiled eggs, chunks of string cheese, frozen green beans, berries from the fridge. we buy wellness treats that are grain free--mostly the venison jerky ones. :)

OP
C

Cooper11

we give lola hard boiled eggs, chunks of string cheese, frozen green beans, berries from the fridge. we buy wellness treats that are grain free--mostly the venison jer ones. :)
Does she get gas :fart: with the eggs! I guess I need to learn what people food they can have!! That may be the easiest. All the other breeds I have ever had you were always told not to feed them people food!

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness eats baby carrots, frozen green beans, cucumbers, pineapple and watermelon

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=4292]Cooper11[/MENTION] not really gassy with the eggs, we give her one every day for lunch. lola rarely has gas nowadays. i REALLY noticed major stank bum when we were testing out new foods and the acana adult was the culprit, even though lola chose that one to eat when we gave her the option. we didnt stick with acana though heh. it was awful.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would not give pig ears, raw hides, or duck trachea, we give only Nylabones and Kongs for them to chew on. We feed FROMM and give FROMM treats as well, plus sometimes banana, blueberries, apple, green beans, and carrots.

OP
C

Cooper11

I would not give pig ears, raw hides, or duck trachea, we give only Nylabones and Kongs for them to chew on. We feed FROMM and give FROMM treats as well, plus sometimes banana, blueberries, apple, green beans, and carrots.
Oooooooo Cooper is going to be mad:cursing: with you telling me not to give him pig ears or tracheas! :D:D :D I am going t try the fruits and veggies though! Is there any fruit or veggie they can't have, I have heard they can choke on grapes???

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Jake gets the Healthy Bones..treats from Natural Balance..grain free and organic. He loves bananas and seems to have developed a real love for Blue Cat Food! :bang: he likes apples and bark from the trees is a true favorite. Ohhh yes! Let's not forget..dog bed stuffing, pretty much any towels, crate pads and an occasional cat scratcher.. :eek:Deer and/or Elk antlers are awesome! We have a few threads on them here. You can google them and a lot of pet stores sell them too!

Last edited:

BulldwgR56

Feb 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Sirrius
Bananas, ice cubes, apples and pegetables are Mr B's favorite

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

OP
C

Cooper11

Jake gets the Healthy Bones..treats from Natural Balance..grain free and organic. He loves bananas and seems to have developed a real love for Blue Cat Food! :bang: he likes apples and bark from the trees is a true favorite. Ohhh yes! Let's not forget..dog bed stuffing, pretty much any towels, crate pads and an occasional cat scratcher.. :eek:Deer and/or Elk antlers are awesome! We have a few threads on them here. You can google them and a lot of pet stores sell them too!
Yes what it is about tree bark that they love to much! That and river rock Gracie loves!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online