wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
Guinness has a nice rope above his nose, but underneath he gets "gunk", that's the best way to describe it. I have to wipe really good under their everyday, if I don't everyday a white sticky "gunk" will start to form in. I know there is food particles and water from when he drinks that gets under there, but could it be anything else? yeast? have never seen a yeast infection before so i do now know. I have used mala ket wipes under there, then dried but they don't seem to work. I will keep cleaning it everyday but didn't know if there is anything else I should do. Thanks guys and girls.

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
I was just about to post the same thing kind of.... Brooklyn gets a "sore" in the same spot every now and then. It is under his big fold and on the same side.... I clean his wrinkles with baby wipes and tissues. Is there anything to keep there so it never comes back???? Every time it is there, we put Mometamax on it bc we have a bottle from the vet when we brought him in the first time it was there.... Any other suggestions?!?

C

Cooper11

My cooper gets that too...I guess i just assumed when it gets slimy is it a yeast infection or bacterial infection. I have used the malacetic ulta solution witch took care of it right away and I use baby powder or gold oing to keep it dry and that seems to really help! I am wondering if it just something that we are going to have to keep clean forever!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Nose rope, face folds, wrinkles of all sorts - these are just maintenance cleaning spots for the classic EB. And yes. Forever, you will be wiping/cleaning/medicating/swabbing/swiping/washing/drying....... :D

TomnZon

Nov 29, 2010
NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Brooklyn
Ok so it's "normal" for him to get a sore spot. Now and then even though it's cleaned constantly?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes... daily cleaning even if it looks clean. i use baby wipes daily and Witch Hazel once/twice a week

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online